Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Having had (yet another) rethink/change of heart tackle wise I'm again selling the lovely 2 piece dark olive green Batson Rainshadow 9ft #3wt rod built up for me by our very own spiderman  :cool:

This a super short range river and 'tube rod but, in my hands at least, is possibly more of a #4 wt than a #3. It behaves well with either although if using a #3 line make it a DT :wink Great lightweight nymphing and dry fly rod although it will bung out weighted bugs if you insist. Plenty of guts when you get into a biggie, I've take fish to double figures with it.

The rod was built to 'no expense spared' specification (probably cost more than 'she who must be obeyed' ever need know about  :shock) which includes cigar grip flor cork handle, nickel silver reel seat, cocobolo wood insert and hi-spec single leg rings, it comes in a cloth bag. Build quality is quite superb and honestly the rod is gorgeous  :z3 No makers marks or anything on it - nice and simple.   

Not only that but also :
It's a balanced outfit - comes with a very lightly used 2 year old Daiwa Lochmor reel which I will load with a matching Barrio Mallard floating line. This is the same reel as advertised elsewhere on the forum  - sale has fallen through as my buyer has 'vanished' :roll

All costs included the outfit 'owes' me around the £250 but as I need to clear the decks a smidgen the first £110 secures  :shock Bargain  :wink Best means of contact is PM but email interest also welcome.

Steven Kidd

Re: For sale again! 9' #3wt Batson Rainshadow plus reel
« Reply #1 on: 22/01/2008 at 14:36 »
Hi Hamish,

I am interested in taking a look at this outfit if I can......I have been looking around lately for a 9ft 3wt/4wt.......as I was looking to gear up for the brown trout on the Don.......this seems the ideal tool.

You can contact me on 07825 735 070.

Cheers

Skidd

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 22/01/2008 at 15:47 »
Skidd - you have a PM   :cool:

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 25/01/2008 at 01:00 »
I'm pleased to say that this has found a new home with a forum member :z16

Tight lines  :cool:

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 25/01/2008 at 09:01 »
Brilliant  :z16

another lightline convert

Eventually most people up here will be using gear appropriate to the type of fishing.
Trailblazing the way for the rest of the country. :z2 :z2 :z2 :z2 :z2

Well you never know :z4

Sandy

Steven Kidd

« Reply #5 on: 25/01/2008 at 11:09 »
And very nice it is too......lovely to cast with, alot nicer than my sharpes gordon #7......

Just need my roving ticket for the Don now and March / April here we come!!

Cheers,

Skidd

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 25/01/2008 at 13:40 »
And very nice it is too......lovely to cast with, alot nicer than my sharpes gordon #7......

:wink It's a nice toy, very different to the mainstream  :z16 Enjoy  :z18

wheaten747

« Reply #7 on: 07/05/2008 at 21:45 »
hello is the rod still for sale.
wheaten747..

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 07/05/2008 at 22:42 »
Sorry, long since found a new home..... see the third post in this thread  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com