Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

This one goes back a few years .........
« on: 15/11/2019 at 00:23 »
Just came across this old newspaper cutting, must be around 20 years ago ..... no beard, the handle of my old Daiwa rod and rubber waders :z12

Steven Sinclair

Re: This one goes back a few years .........
« Reply #1 on: 15/11/2019 at 16:08 »
With the amount of combat salmon fishing I did this season I'm strongly considering investing in some old skool pvc waders again 👍

Steven.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 15/11/2019 at 16:45 »
Mike
Where did it all go wrong   :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 you must have had a hard life since then  :wink
Steven
Airflo  Super Tuff  waders get good reviews

:z18
Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 15/11/2019 at 16:52 »
I think those were my Ocean waders Steven :z16 ..... they didn't leak, were dry before you got back to your car and were easy to get on and off.

But the rubber soles were a tad slippery on the Don though ( to ice skating standards ) :z4

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 16/11/2019 at 05:27 »
I think those were my Ocean waders Steven :z16 ..... they didn't leak, were dry before you got back to your car and were easy to get on and off.

But the rubber soles were a tad slippery on the Don though ( to ice skating standards ) :z4

I'm fairly sure it was hand me down oceans that I started out my wading career in. Perhaps senior can confirm if he's reading this 🤔

And cheers Jim I'll certainly check them out 👍 it was Vass' that I'd been looking at as I already have their bibs and they have been great and didn't break the bank which is unusual for most of my fishing purchases these days 😂 getting sick fed up of pussy footing my way over barbed wire fences and the arse of breathables just ain't fit for some of the bum sliding manueveres that I often need to employ to reach parts of the river 😂

Cheers,

Steven.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 16/11/2019 at 08:54 »
Haven't had any Vass gear, but I hear it's quite good :z16

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 17/11/2019 at 11:56 »
Haven't had any Vass gear, but I hear it's quite good :z16

I have their insulated bib and braces and they have been excellent. Beings as I spend more than half of my time in the far East and have done for the guts of 10 years I must admit I've gone a bit soft when it comes to Scottish temperatures and they have served me well on the long days sitting at the wheel of the boat trolling 👍

Another of the more affordable brands that I have been suitably impressed with has been Taimen. I still can't get my head around people who can justify the cost of Simms gear. With the exception of their boots. They are worth every penny IMHO.

Cheers,

Steven.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 04/04/2020 at 22:13 »
I'm fairly sure it was hand me down oceans that I started out my wading career in. Perhaps senior can confirm if he's reading this 🤔
Steven,

You are correct your first waders were my old Oceans and although they could get a tad sweaty on warm days and made you look like bambi on ice with the slippery soles they always kept you dry and lasted way longer than the new fancy breathable jobs we usually use now.

Eddie
And cheers Jim I'll certainly check them out 👍 it was Vass' that I'd been looking at as I already have their bibs and they have been great and didn't break the bank which is unusual for most of my fishing purchases these days 😂 getting sick fed up of pussy footing my way over barbed wire fences and the arse of breathables just ain't fit for some of the bum sliding manueveres that I often need to employ to reach parts of the river 😂

Cheers,

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com