Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Terry Coging

Catastrophe!
« on: 19/10/2019 at 20:41 »
I did a silly thing yesterday when distracted, I snagged an alder tree and instinctively snatched the rod to free the fly.  Snap! My super duper special four piece rod is now a six piece rod. Drawing peg 13 in our annual contest proved very expensive  :X1.

Derek Roxborough

Re: Catastrophe!
« Reply #1 on: 19/10/2019 at 21:19 »
basic mistake Terry, bad luck Derek Roxborough

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 19/10/2019 at 21:26 »
I feel your pain Terry!

I think we all have 'Why on earth did I do that?' moments every now and then ..... I know I do  :X1

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 20/10/2019 at 16:57 »
had a one where I got to the loch and pulled my rod out of the bag to find the top section was broken, still don't know how, one of lifes mysteries, probably many more to come  :X2  Derek Roxborough

Terry Coging

« Reply #4 on: 21/10/2019 at 17:57 »
Good news. The rod manufacturer is replacing the top two pieces at a very reasonable price. First class and friendly service  :z16
Works out a  lot cheaper than a mid priced replacement rod. Well done Scott Mackenzie  :z16

Terry Coging

« Reply #5 on: 26/10/2019 at 17:44 »
Top two pieces of my prized FX1 arrived this morning and fit perfectly  :z16
Excellent service from Mackenzie. I now have my favourite bank rod back for the  Winter rainbows.
Incidentally there was talk about the SLX line on a current thread. I find the #6 SLX is  perfect for the 6 wt  FX1.  This combo will just about deal with anything thrown at it.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com