Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Richard Glass

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out .. I am looking to do a little bit of fishing on the cheap just to get out of the house more than anything.

I have moved over to Dundee from N.ireland and I am looking for a few rivers that I would be able to fish without the need of having to buy a ticket to fish it.

Does anybody know of any good little rivers that would suit the bill?

I know of the dighty burn in dundee - I have heard I would be able to fish that little river that hold some sea trout and little brownies this time of year.

I am not after big fish really only a bit of fun
Any pointers?

Jim Eddie

Re: Rivers with no tickets needed around Dundee area
« Reply #1 on: 14/09/2019 at 17:15 »
Richard
Can't think of any
The Ericht is a good shout, tickets from Kate Fleming's in Blairgowrie it's as cheap as chips. The Tay at Murthly is £10 a day for trout ,tickets from the shop in Caputh.
 :z18
Jim

Richard Glass

Re: Rivers with no tickets needed around Dundee area New
« Reply #2 on: 17/09/2019 at 07:56 »
Hello Jim,

I have been looking at tickets for the Ericht and the Isla they are both around £20 for the season  or a couple of quid for the day- its exactly what I am after cant beat that at all.

Thanks very much.

Euan Innes

Re: Rivers with no tickets needed around Dundee area
« Reply #3 on: 17/09/2019 at 17:29 »
Richard,
The Isla is a bargain. The Strathmore Angling Improvement Association (Google it) is £25 for the year including Grayling out of season and there is plenty of water to search. I can also recommend a visit to Angus Angling in Forfar,a proper tackle shop that also happens to sell the season tickets :z16
Tight lines,

Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com