Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Re: Durness trip of a lifetime 😎
« Reply #15 on: 15/09/2019 at 22:31 »
Out of interest, what do you think the big 'un weighed ?

Never fished fitness but it is now on my list !

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #16 on: 23/09/2019 at 12:05 »
Steven, it’s not for me to answer James’s question, however seeing as how the weight has been given to a particular newspaper then I guess you should answer. This would be with the caveat that it was guessed by IAIN who used to manage a well known trout farm and that the weight given was conservative.

Eddie

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #17 on: 23/09/2019 at 12:16 »
Agreed I suppose...

I hate putting weights to fish that aren't verified on scales but I had asked Iain for his opinion who as Dad pointed out has likely sized and graded more trout then the majority of us combined. Anyways he put the weight at a Conservative 9lb. Was it bang on 9lbs I have nae idea but it was definitely the biggest wild trout I've held in my arms and having had 3 trips to New Zealand I have had one or two decent fish over the years...

:z18

Steven.

James Laraway

« Reply #18 on: 23/09/2019 at 13:47 »
it can be tricky, especially when its a real brute.

I landed a couple of 'brutes' from a well known pike fishing loch in Aberdeenshire years back. I remember thinking with the second one " I think its going 10lbs.....

I was not far off at 8lb 14 but I will never forget that fish...

congrats on your one - I will now defo have to cast a line on those hallowed waters...  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com