Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Time for new waders .....
« on: 22/08/2019 at 16:20 »
Time for new waders ..... I've gone for a Patagonia Rio Azul and Orvis Ultralight boot combo this time :z12

My last set of Orvis waders were great and have maybe got a few trips left in them yet, but the boots are finally starting to fall to pieces, they've served me well  :z16

Dave Robb

Re: Time for new waders .....
« Reply #1 on: 23/08/2019 at 14:06 »
My Orvis Silver sonics developed a leak at the ankle after less than 2 years.  Just got them back from having the seams sealed but not tried them yet.

Will be keeping an eye out for any end of season reductions as I want a second pair for backup and Patagonia’s are high on the wish list.

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 23/08/2019 at 16:42 »
if you can afford Patagonia waders then I think you can afford to buy Kildrummy estate ?
  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 23/08/2019 at 18:24 »
if you can afford Patagonia waders then I think you can afford to buy Kildrummy estate ?
  :z4

:z4  :z4  :z4 ...... I got lucky, asked Sandy what he had been using, googled them and Sportfish had them on offer at half price  :z13

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 23/08/2019 at 18:33 »
My Orvis Silver sonics developed a leak at the ankle after less than 2 years.  Just got them back from having the seams sealed but not tried them yet.

Will be keeping an eye out for any end of season reductions as I want a second pair for backup and Patagonia’s are high on the wish list.

My Silver Sonics have not been looked after, but they're still going strong after a few years and probably have a trip or two left in them yet :z16

I only got the new waders because I'm not sure how the Sonics have managed to last so long .... and a couple of recent encounters with barbed wire may possibly have not done them much good, although I haven't noticed any leaks  :z4

Dave Robb

« Reply #5 on: 24/08/2019 at 10:38 »
I was a bit annoyed mine started leaking but what can you do  :z8.

I look after them and am gentle when putting them on / removing them yet they still leaked where the neoprene sock meets the leg material.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com