Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Robert Woodcock

Broken rod
« on: 19/07/2019 at 13:23 »
Hi,  I’m new to the forum and fly fishing in general. First of all I must say a great forum and can see me spending many hours on here  :z4. I have just recently taken up fly fishing and bought myself a second hand Greys GS 9’6” #7. Whilst practicing my casting in the garden I stupidly clipped the satellite dish which snapped the end of the top section  :cry. With the Mrs due to give birth in a few weeks I’m in no position to buy a new rod. Is there anyway I could get it repaired or purchase a section for it ? Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Robert

Sandy Nelson

Re: Broken rod
« Reply #1 on: 19/07/2019 at 16:25 »
Hi Robert

How much of the tip is snapped off? If it’s just the ring can you measure the diameter of the remaining tip? If so I might have a tip ring the right size I can send you to get you going again. 👍

Sandy

Robert Woodcock

« Reply #2 on: 19/07/2019 at 16:37 »
Hi sandy,

It has snapped about 6-8 inches of the top section. I’m thinking a new section or rod by the looks of it !

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 19/07/2019 at 17:08 »
I repaired one last year , I epoxied a darning needle to join the sections and whipped over them and gave it a coat of varnish , it works fine , the guy hasn't been back to complain and I know he has been fishing with it, it's worth a try
 Derek Roxborough

Robert Woodcock

« Reply #4 on: 19/07/2019 at 21:27 »
Definitely worth a try Derek.

Thanks

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com