Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Brian Brand

IAA March to the River
« on: 15/01/2008 at 20:00 »
I was watching the Tay opening day and march to the River on TV tonight and remembered that our club, Inverurie Angling Association, also has our own one to the Don.

The March at Inverurie this year is to be held on Saturday 16th February, 1st Saturday of the 2008 season, we meet at the Kintore Arms Hotel in the High Street, just along from Sloans just after 9:00am.

The March leaves the Kintore Arms Hotel at 9:30am, led by a piper, and goes down to the River at the Bridge where a local dignitary will bless the River for the forthcoming season, you can join us in a wee dram if you wish (juice for the kids).

This event is organised by IAA but as always there is an open invitation to all.

As per last year it is a great chance to meet up with some like minded fellow fishers.

I have attached a link from Mike's `Fishing The Fly' website under the heading `River Don Opening March'.
http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/new-salmon-fishing-season.html

Hope to see you there,
regards,
Bri.

Brian Brand

Re: IAA March to the River
« Reply #1 on: 08/02/2008 at 12:38 »
Just a reminder that the walk to the river is on next Saturday, 16th Feb, starting at 9:30am from the Kintore Arms Hotel, High Street, Inverurie. :z2
Our local Minister, Graeme Longmuir, will be blessing the river this year.

Hope to see you there,

Regards,
Bri.

Brian Brand

« Reply #2 on: 15/02/2008 at 14:32 »
 :z2 :z2 :z2

Sorry that I am being a bit sad replying to my own post but just a reminder that our walk to the river is on tomorrow, all are welcome.

Hope to see you at the back of 9:00am at the Kintore Arms Hotel, Inverurie.

:z2 :z2 :z2

Regards,
Bri.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 15/02/2008 at 14:36 »
No worries Bri , I plan to come along before heading to Haddo  :z16

:z18

Jim

Brian Brand

« Reply #4 on: 16/02/2008 at 14:48 »
Thanks to all who turned up today, we got another dry day.

Many thanks also to Richard Cowling, Graeme Longmuir and Pete Dow for the speeches and blessing the river.

If not before see you next year.

Regards,
Bri.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 16/02/2008 at 19:44 »
Bri

You should of come over and introduced yourself , you couldna hae missed me . I was the big ugly guy  :z4

Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 17/02/2008 at 00:56 »
Bri

You should of come over and introduced yourself , you couldna hae missed me . I was the big ugly guy  :z4

Jim

Aye i've met him once at haddo an he's deffo big  :z4

Dave

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 17/02/2008 at 09:46 »
I dragged the wee man along yesterday - the first time I'd been, and I thought that there would have been more people there. I know people have family and work commitments but to secure a piper, councillor, minister and I assume local press photographer surely the organiser/s would have been dissapointed.

Irvine Ross

« Reply #8 on: 17/02/2008 at 11:53 »
Bri

Jim

Yes, and I was the short ugly guy with the green bonnet who was chatting to Jim. A belated hello to you Bri. :z18

Irvine

Brian Brand

« Reply #9 on: 17/02/2008 at 17:19 »
Yes sorry Jim (I assumed that was you but you half fooled me by walking down High Street), I was coming over to speak to you at the Kintore Arms but I got involved with some talk about new ventures we have got going in our club, this could have waited for later. Then down at the water got tied up with distributing the whisky and got dragged into the photo's.
I usually manage to avoid getting my picture taken, not the most photogenic.

Also sorry Irvine, I definitely recognised you, and Jim I should make more time for you guys that have made the effort to come along and support this event. I will try and better this next year.

You are also correct the numbers were down this year but we are not going to give up on this as I for one quite enjoy this gathering.
Now if I could only find out where all our own club members were.

Regards,
Bri.

Hamish Young

« Reply #10 on: 19/02/2008 at 08:28 »
Sorry work (yet again  :roll) kept me away from this bash - anyone got a piccie :?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 19/02/2008 at 19:46 »
Sory Hamish , forgot the camera  :z6  There was a chap form Her Majestys Press though  :wink

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com