Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Gary Clewes

Hi everyone,

I'm coming up with a few lads to stay in Inchmarlo at the end of July. They are up to fish some of the salmon beats on the Dee, and although I am a salmon fisherman myself, the thing that really floats my boat for this trip is hopefully to fish lochs for wild brown trout and possibly some streams/burns. I've tried looking online but it doesn't look like there is much in the way of this style of fishing in the area. I can't venture too far as we are sharing transport and so I can't tootle off on my own for the day miles away from everyone else. But I hope to be able to travel a little and not be too restricted.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to where I could look to try some lochs or small streams in the vicinity? I'm happy to be PMd if anyone fancies giving some secret spots away  :z4 I'm from Newcastle Upon Tyne so it would only be a one off.

Also are there any restrictions around fishing the coast either side of Ythan estuary? I understand the fishing extends right to the sea but I wasn't sure if there was any restrictions in fly fishing/spinning the area either side of the estuary specifically around targeting sea trout.

Many Thanks

Gary

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com