Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Float tube fins
« on: 18/06/2019 at 22:29 »
After a really good day out with Iain Cameron on Loch Shandra my old tubing problem came up again. My fins are proper scuba fins, long stiff and just too much for a tube.
Came home and searched the interweb and found these.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/fins-fltb-fi-id_8513038.html

Bought them and they arrived today. So far they look really good, with my hiking boots disappearing right inside and not just on the toes. Easy on/off and not too long.
Full test coming soon when I get the Red Oktober back out on the water.
Euan

Euan Innes

Re: Float tube fins
« Reply #1 on: 13/07/2019 at 13:06 »
Out last night on Glen Tanar in the Red Oktober with Mr Cameron and finally got to try out the new fins.
They are really good. Easy to put on and take off and good to walk about in. The toe pockets take my boots right up the the start of the lower laces, where the wader gravel guards clip in so the whole front of the boot is encased. :z16
More importantly they are good in the water. They are quite flexible and require little effort to get the tube moving and spinning the tube and maneuvering in general is really easy. No cramps last night which is a first.
I have been waiting a long time for good fins to come on the market at the right price and now I have them.
Highly recommended.  :z16 :z16 :z16

Euan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 13/07/2019 at 15:58 »
They look good Euan  :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 13/07/2019 at 18:10 »
They do Mike.
Not having to walk in to the loch in wading boots but still having fins that fit was great. And no laces to vome undone!
Now I just need a waterproof cushion that I can fix to the tube so that I don't sit so low. I know that Shakespeare got the seat wrong when they nicked the Spartan design but I do not fancy "correcting" the error. Half thinking about a boat seat cushion like the  Airflo one with the velcro straps so that it can be fixed to a boat thwart. If anyone has one, can they let me know how waterproof they are?
Thanks,

Euan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 13/07/2019 at 18:49 »
Steve Parton's boat cushion based on a covered wheel barrow tube was perfect, but probably hard to find nowadays ..... I had a pile of them at Haddo  :cool:

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 13/07/2019 at 22:37 »
I remember them!
I will see what I can find on the interweb.

Euan

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 14/07/2019 at 14:16 »
Just a thought, would a suitably sized inner tube do the job?

:z18

Steven.

Euan Innes

« Reply #7 on: 14/07/2019 at 22:19 »
Probably Stephen, but I would like something that I didn't have to blow up. The Shakey tube is enough! :z4
Still looking...
Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com