Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

Re: Assynt region again next week
« Reply #15 on: 13/08/2019 at 12:41 »
A pal was up a couple of weeks back, said Urigill was full of weed, but  they were bank fishing, Derek Roxborough

Terry Coging

« Reply #16 on: 14/08/2019 at 07:51 »
A pal was up a couple of weeks back, said Urigill was full of weed, but  they were bank fishing, Derek Roxborough
Yes, Urigill has a lot of shallows but the weed should not be a problem when boat fishing. Cam is similar. I usually use an electric outboard on Cam earlier in the season but weed may restrict that later on. Never used the electric on Urigill - too far to carry engine and battery. 
Anyone ever fished Loch Lurgainn. Another Ledmore Loch. Looks lovely but never tried it.

Ben Crichton

« Reply #17 on: 18/08/2019 at 20:45 »
Well guys, we did it. Still not sure if we were over or under prepared. We had to head to Mckays hardware store in Lochinver for permits that cost £7.50 a day per person per zone. We headed for the east zone and headed for "the Corrie" lochs (a Choire Dheirg, a Chorie Ghuirm and the un named loch known as little green).  The walk in was pretty strenuous and really tested my lack of fitness. My friend is a good bit fitter and managed much better. Scenery was fantastic, however it was really windy all day making things a real struggle. We had to abandon camping despite pitching the tent as the wind and rain at night would have stopped us getting any sleep. We headed down the hill and back to the warmth of my friends parents house in Bonar bridge. The second day we headed for 2 road side lochs (Cam and Veyatie). This was for my benefit as I had to head home later that night.  The trip was a real eye opener and something I'd love to do yearly. We didn't catch anything the first day, the wind was causing real problems and there was no sign of fish on any lochs. My friend did catch a couple of the most perfectly marked small trout in the burns however. Second day we caught a few fish between us with the most success on Cam loch.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com