Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Recommended trout fishing in Aviemore area?
« on: 30/04/2019 at 00:48 »
Looking for trout fishing recommendations for Sunday?  I'm going fishing with my father so would prefer something with a boat so he doesn't have to stand all day. 

Additionally has anyone fished Millbuies or Loch Na Bo near Elgin?  Both look pretty good from what I can see on-line.

James Laraway

Re: Recommended trout fishing in Aviemore area?
« Reply #1 on: 30/04/2019 at 11:37 »
to be honest I dont think that there are many fisheries with boats on trout lochs in the Aviemore area

Loch Insch maybe ( although not too sure how many trout are in it) - https://lochinsh.com/product/fishing/

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 30/04/2019 at 12:56 »
Paul,
I fished Millbuies a couple of years back and we caught some really nicely conditioned rainbows and blues and one really stonking brownie mostly on nymphs and cdc dries. It is nice and sheltered and a good day out in the boat.

Eddie :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 30/04/2019 at 19:32 »
Loch na bo is a Bonnie place, boat fishing only typical average Scottish brownie size. Although I'm sure there are bigger fish, I lost a decent fish once so who knows.

:z18

Jim

« Reply #4 on: 17/05/2019 at 23:11 »
We ended up fishing Millbuies and caught some lovely Rainbows approx 2lb in size.  Temperatures were a bit on the cold side so there wasn't much insect life but the setting was lovely and we had the entire Loch to ourselves.  I'd definitely recommend taking a  trip there.  Also fished the Spey near Aviemore and blanked completely I didn't see a single fish there not even trout or parr which is a little worrying....

Ben Crichton

Re: Recommended trout fishing in Aviemore area? New
« Reply #5 on: 28/05/2019 at 06:51 »
Millbuies is nice, fished it a good few years back. I'd take my dad there, he's 69 and has 2 new knees and a fused ankle so be good access for him! Attractive setting!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com