Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Hamish Young

Where was I?
« on: April 19, 2019, 10:19:00 AM »
So I had an invite to go and fish one of my 'bucket list' smaller Salmon rivers for a day...... but where was I :?

I have tried to make this easier by using a photo with some well known topography in it  :wink

H
“When tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.”

Steven Sinclair

Re: Where was I?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 11:59:37 AM »
Wild stab in the dark Oykle?

:z18

Steven

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 12:23:25 PM »
Kirkaig?
As Shakespeare said, it is better to have hooked and lost than never to have hooked at all.

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »
The Borgie.

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2019, 12:39:47 PM »
The Inver...
Living with deep, full breaths is the way of the trout. Fish, it seems, are the ultimate teachers in breathing.
RC Cone

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2019, 15:23:55 PM »
The Borgie.

Just so, it is indeed the Borgie  :z16 Well done Graham  :cool: You've fished it :?
“When tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.”

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 17:31:56 PM »
H, now that we now where you were, how did you get on?

Eddie
As Shakespeare said, it is better to have hooked and lost than never to have hooked at all.

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2019, 18:29:55 PM »
I bumped one fish Eddie, which slashed at my ever so slightly being stripped Sunray twice..... but that was it for me.

To my knowledge from the 5 of us fishing three beats there were two fish were landed and released that day, estimated at 12lbs and 17lbs I think, from water that didn't have the sun beating down on in relentlessly and before 11am.
After 11 it was just a smidgen bright , nice for the tourists though :z6

Should the offer come my way I would absolutely jump at an offer to go back, simply a super place and if anyone should fancy going - you should :z16

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 01:28:28 AM »
Nice looking water H. I must put that on my radar when I return home.

Tight lines,

Eddie :z18

Hamish Young

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 20:22:31 PM »
I suspect it would be worth chasing down some fishing there Eddie, but brace yourself for a meaningful bill as I believe the majority of the lets are weekly only and possibly with the Old Manse a mandatory addition for accommodations.
It is very nice though  :wink :z16 https://www.riverborgie.co.uk/

Graham Ritchie

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 23:34:15 PM »
Just so, it is indeed the Borgie  :z16 Well done Graham  :cool: You've fished it :?

No, I had a look at it last summer when travelling back from the Dionard, but it was just a trickle between the stones then.

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

© Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum