Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Mundie

Newmachar
« on: 10/01/2008 at 18:10 »
If you drive out of Newmachar towards Dyce there's a loch/pond on you're left has anyone fished it before?

Dave

Hamish Young

Re: Newmachar
« Reply #1 on: 10/01/2008 at 18:59 »
That's not Corby Loch is it  :?

Dave Mundie

« Reply #2 on: 10/01/2008 at 19:06 »
That's not Corby Loch is it  :?

No Corby Loch is over by the bridge of don/potterton area.

The newmachar one is right at the roadside on your left bout 1/4 mile out of of newmachar towards dyce on the A947

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 10/01/2008 at 19:33 »
I've fished it a few times.
It doesn't get stocked much but the fish in it get returned usually.
it also doesn't get fished much either.

Bloody good fun with small imitative flies and lightweight gear, some monsters of brookies up to about 4-5lb and they're as good as wild.

I always have a great time when i fish it, The owner is the wee house sitting next to it, you can park outside the house, Mr and Mrs Innes still have it i think should be 01651 862333 for details :z16

its much bigger than it looks as well

Sandy

Dave Mundie

« Reply #4 on: 10/01/2008 at 21:15 »
I've fished it a few times.
It doesn't get stocked much but the fish in it get returned usually.
it also doesn't get fished much either.

Bloody good fun with small imitative flies and lightweight gear, some monsters of brookies up to about 4-5lb and they're as good as wild.

I always have a great time when i fish it, The owner is the wee house sitting next to it, you can park outside the house, Mr and Mrs Innes still have it i think should be 01651 862333 for details :z16

its much bigger than it looks as well

Sandy

Yep thats the one, seen people fishing it a few years back but not recently so i poped in past nov last year (07) and spoke to the guy he said he'd been unwell and had let it run down but was going to have it up running this year (08) but not much signs of anything happening yet (i pass it every day to and from work).

Dave

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 11/01/2008 at 11:58 »
I've had a few fish out of it too, normally on buzzers or dry fly. Mainly evening rises in the summer. There is also another loch just past it..about 600 yards, cross roads, turn right (towards the golf course) and there is a water up that road you can fish.

There is another up the back of Newmacher called the Mill..i think.

Dave Mundie

« Reply #6 on: 11/01/2008 at 18:56 »
There is also another loch just past it..about 600 yards, cross roads, turn right (towards the golf course) and there is a water up that road you can fish.

There is another up the back of Newmacher called the Mill..i think.

I thought the one up by the golf club was just a private pond didn't realise there was fish in it let alone you can fish it.

Dont know bout the other one you mention, you say Mill are you confusing it with Mill of Elrick?

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: 12/01/2008 at 10:27 »
No Dave

Robs right, After the pond we were talking about there is a turn to the left, this is the road that goes round and comes out at parkhill nursery.

as you go towards BoD from newmacher on this road there is a tight left junction about  1/2 a mile up the road, it says Mill Pond on a small sign at the end of the road.
If you go up the track to the house at the top , there is a Round pond, an old millpond and it is/was stocked with Trout, the guy at the house sells the tickets, i think he used it as a personal pond to start with and then decided to allow others on it.
The water is very clear and the fishing is quite tough but very rewarding.

Sandy

Dave Mundie

« Reply #8 on: 12/01/2008 at 11:50 »
Sandy, I'll have to have a look, so its left after the pond we spoke about, top of the road turn right towards parkhill xroads and its on my letf along there somewhere?

Dave

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: 13/01/2008 at 21:24 »
Yup :z16

About as good as my directions get, its not far up the road though

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 15/01/2008 at 08:26 »
Ok, I am confused now..lol...thats not the directions I recognise!

If you are on the maon road and you are heading from aberdeen to Newmachar, drive past the loch you are talking about, about 200 metres or so there is a road to the right that takes you to Newmachar Motors or some such car place. Head up that and immediately after the car place there is a road on the right. Take that and you will see large vehicle workshops with possibly a bus or two outside, the road to the loch is to the left of them, sign posted.

Its only about quarter of a mile from the roadside ponds as the crow flies.

http://maps.live.com/#JndoZXJlMT1uZXdtYWNoYXImYmI9NjAuMTUyNDQyMjE0MzgwOCU3ZTYuNDM3OTg4MjgxMjUwMDElN2U1My44NTI1MjY2MDA0NDk1JTdlLTEwLjU5MDgyMDMxMjU=

Top right of this picture whilst the road side loch is bottom left

Hope that helps

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: 15/01/2008 at 09:27 »
Dave

Listen to rob :z4.

told you my directions were shite :z4 Probably explains why i got lost a couple of times finding it :oops

If you use the aerial photo part of the site his link goes too, the loch is very clear.

Nice one rob :z16

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #12 on: 15/01/2008 at 15:28 »
Pleasure!! Its a great site for finding new fishing, deepa dn shallow parts of lochs and spotting pools etc in rivers :)

Dave Mundie

« Reply #13 on: 15/01/2008 at 17:30 »
Rob/Sandy,

Aye thats right i was talking to someone who's daughter has horse's there and he gave me the directions it's where Whyte's park they're busses  :z16

I wish they would update these maps though. I used to stay in newmacher and it still shows a building site that i stayed next to and that was about 6 or 7 years ago :!

fishfingers

« Reply #14 on: 16/01/2008 at 21:44 »
hi dave i stayed in dyce for a while,fished the loch on the bottom road a few times.was hard goin.as you come from dyce pass that pond, take a right turn and pass newmachar motors, take another right,then a few hundred yards turn left up by whytes coaches,take the lane left to mill pond. pay at the house,if no answer you can still fish,some1 will arrive.the fish are tough and if you catch em ur in for a good fight,some big fish there to, had 1 was approx 8lb r so,lots of brownies too.let me know wen ur goin up might join ya,get well rapped up its cold even on a summers nite.i fishd it alot few yrs ago.the other pond mentioned on the left out towards the nursery is private only has a few small browns in it,spoke to the owner before not worth fishing.[any1 else interested in a few hrs fishing at mill pond soon].then we,ll know for sure.i also know a chap in huntly has a pond beside the boggie river,lots of large browns in ther not got one yet myself,but can fish it anytime its free if ya wnt to try that let me know.by4nw. :z17 :z1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com