Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Terry Coging

Well, blow me down!
« on: March 15, 2019, 11:15:02 AM »
Opening day at Blithfield Reservoir yesterday and I was literally blown off of my feet! Only 6 keen members out - normaly 50 or so on opening day.  :z10  Terrible opening w/e for most places down here.

Mike Barrio

Re: Well, blow me down!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 11:18:31 AM »
Pretty wild up here today too Terry :z6
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 16:22:58 PM »
Similar situation here , weekend doesn't look much better, :z8 Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 17:44:12 PM »
Yeah.... and tomorrow is my first day on the Ness on a new beat as asyndicate rod. Yay..... it was blowing a horizontal sleet blizzard as I left the office this afternoon  :shock
“When tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.”

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 21:08:58 PM »
Blown off the loch and the river coloured and in spate. BUT at least the real fishing [brown trout] has started.
Bob.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 14:43:58 PM »
No wind today but 3C. at the loch and a cool drizzle, I didn't stay long, it was enough to nip my lugs, Derek Roxborough

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

© Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum