Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Terry Coging

A few thousand hooks
« on: 22/02/2019 at 11:18 »
Our club have been given a job lot of over 10,000 hooks to sell in aid of our Junior section. The're mainly sea, bait and coarse hooks. 
Among them there were some packets of salmon hooks - 2 x packets of 10 Partridge L/W  size 6 and 10. 1 packet of Partridge single Wilson size 2 and a packet of 6 Stiletto 2/0 irons (lovely hooks for show dressers). So, 36 salmon hooks up for offer. (lot 1)
Lot 2 is for 500  eyed sea and lure hook sized 6 through to 4/0 many are mislabelled. Includes 3 x 100 boxes of size 1/0 round bend blues. Also various bronzed  ex l/s hooks and Drennan dog nobbler size 6. Some of these look very 'pikey'.
Lot 3 is a box of 1000 Au Lion D'or straight eyed extra l/s bronzed size 5 serie1322.
Lot 4 is 280 eyed bronze bait hooks with offset points mainly size 1 but some smaller.
There are also a few 1000 spade end hooks for feeder fishing or for the tail hook on double hooked lures, size 10 to 4 and some larger ones that look good if anyone makes up their own mackerel feathers. I will sort these out if anyone is interested.

Hamish Young

Re: A few thousand hooks
« Reply #1 on: 22/02/2019 at 18:17 »
I'd be interested in the Salmon hooks Terry - especially if they are all singles  :z16
H

Terry Coging

Re: A few thousand hooks
« Reply #2 on: 25/02/2019 at 08:37 »
Hamish - I have emailed you. Cheers, Terry

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com