Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Colin Innes

Very upper river Don
« on: 20/02/2019 at 18:15 »
Hi all, I have fished on the upper Don for many years, I particularly like the bit up by the Cath Goodbrand shop, I phoned my usual guy to get tickets for May and it seems that he now only does the bit around Bellabeg.

Does anyone know who to contact now?

Thanks for any help!

Ali Mcewan

Re: Very upper river Don
« Reply #1 on: 27/02/2019 at 18:03 »
Hi Colin, candacraig estate hiked the price right up, so the 2 guys didn't renew the lease as it was totally unviable. The water won't be open to fishing this season & doubtful for following ones unless a big u turn occurs 👍🏻
Sorry to disappoint 🙈

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 27/02/2019 at 18:09 »
Surprising, especially as Candacraig were very keen to see the Protection Order put in place and maintained.
They have the ability to sell tickets from a number of outlets - possible  they just don't want the hassle of making that happen, it's sheer bloody mindedness IMHO and rather disappointing. They could even do FishPal  :wink

H

Colin Innes

« Reply #3 on: 28/02/2019 at 15:25 »
Thanks for the responses guys - so far we have a day at Kildrummy, a day at Semeil Farm, leaving us with one day to find fishing for 3 rods, might have to split between Cottown (which I have never fished, any thoughts?) and another beat... perhaps Tornasheen

Cheers

Colin

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com