Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

River Beauly opening 2019 New
« on: 16/02/2019 at 19:31 »
The Beauly Angling Club held its season opening today at 11am on the Downie beat,  one of the Lower Beauly Syndicate beats the club leases in the spring. Chairperson Wendy Harpe opened the event, accompanied by an excellent young piper and some excellent Singleton  whisky courtesy of Glen Ord distillery. Yum  :wink

As the weather was fair there was a good turn out of club members, my lad  was determined to come along and have a cast, so Daddy hurriedly improvised something with an Echo MPR and some bits of fly line.... which worked well :!

Following on from testing the new Mackenzie NX1 and FX1 Salt single handers, Scott had given me a pre-production Mackenzie NX1 14' #9wt to play around with to my hearts content. In short it was a big hit with the folk who cast it - me included  :z16
Some pics:
Wendy toasts the river

He's just so keen to have a go :!

The wee fella thought he would have a wee dram - Daddy thought otherwise  :z7

My chum Jim with the rod he refused to hand back....... so I set Finlay on him :z13 The new Mackenzie DTX NX1 14' #9wt  Damn... it's bloody good :! :z16

Here's hoping it's a belting season  :z18

H

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com