Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

March To The River Don 2019
« on: 05/02/2019 at 14:50 »
The March To The River Don is being held, as usual, on the first Saturday of the season, which this year falls on the 16th of February.

Several guests have been invited, Aberdeenshire Provost Bill Howartson has been invited to say a few words and then make the first cast, plus Dr Lorraine Hawkins, Director of the Dee and Don District Fishery Boards, representation from the Don District Salmon Fishery Board Water Bailiffs and local councillors.

Glen Garioch Distillery are kindly providing whisky for the Toast to the River and a 'hot toddy', plus there will be some 'nibbles' available for those in attendance.

The event is open to all who would like to attend and Inverurie Angling Association hopes that a good number of anglers, guests and public will be there to enjoy the event.

Attendees to gather at the Kintore Arms Hotel in Inverurie from 8.45 - 9.00 am for complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits in preparation for the March, which will begin at 9.30am. The procession will be led by a piper to the Don Bridge for the ceremony to take place.

Allan Liddle

Re: March To The River Don
« Reply #1 on: 05/02/2019 at 22:55 »
Might just make this one Mike, need to check the family diary first.  :z16

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 06/02/2019 at 12:38 »
Mike,

Im home so will definitely try and make it. Infact is a good excuse to meet you to grab the collection if rods senior and I have amassed at yours  :z16

:z18

Steven

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 06/02/2019 at 12:48 »
Great stuff Steven ..... perfect :z16

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 06/02/2019 at 20:10 »
Too far for me and it's also the Beauly opening so Finlay and I will be going to that as it's quite a bit handier  :z16

Hope the weather is grand for us all  :z14

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 06/02/2019 at 21:59 »
Too far for me and it's also the Beauly opening so Finlay and I will be going to that as it's quite a bit handier  :z16

Hope the weather is grand for us all  :z14

Enjoy :z16

Jim Eddie

Re: March To The River Don 2019
« Reply #6 on: 07/02/2019 at 18:46 »
Wife and I are in Cullen for the weekend so won't make it

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: March To The River Don 2019
« Reply #7 on: 07/02/2019 at 19:57 »
Wife and I are in Cullen for the weekend so won't make it

Jim

Sounds good Jim ..... Enjoy :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com