Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Robb

Ordering from Swift
« on: 01/02/2019 at 09:47 »
I’m eyeing up a Ross Animas reel which Swift are selling at a reasonable price.

Reasonable that is if I don’t get stung with customs duty and VAT when it hits our shores.

Has anyone got experience on buying from Swift and if so did you take a hit on additional costs when it arrived in the UK?

I’ve got a feeling it’s maybe one of these things you take a chance on and sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Mike Barrio

Re: Ordering from Swift
« Reply #1 on: 01/02/2019 at 10:32 »
Hi Dave

The guys at Swift are great to deal with ..... like anything that we import from overseas, expect to pay duty/vat when it arrives, but you can sometimes get lucky :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 01/02/2019 at 12:22 »
Ask if they will send it as a sample, Derek Roxborough

Kerry Jordan

« Reply #3 on: 01/02/2019 at 17:10 »
Or described as a “gift” 

Dave Robb

« Reply #4 on: 05/02/2019 at 09:09 »
I’ve gone ahead and ordered.

They’re offering a free Epic flyline as welll during February when purchasing the reel so that sweetened things.

Even if there is an added fee when it gets here it shouldn’t be too bad overall.

Next on the wish list.........

https://abelreels.com/main/tr-reel/

Terry Coging

« Reply #5 on: 05/02/2019 at 09:39 »
Wow! That Able is a truely beautiful thing.  Art + engineering meet. I would not dare to go fishing with one though. Nice on the office desk  :wink   
Totally at the other end of the scale I have just received a reel from China. £23 delivered.  Astonishing! Genuine CNC precision and quite an acceptable clutch. Only bought it out of interest. My next decent reel will be a full framed one from Mike. My love affair with the Lamson Fluid has ended.

Dave Robb

« Reply #6 on: 15/02/2019 at 13:37 »
My order from Swift arrived without any issues  :z16

The reel itself is awesome, very well built indeed.  Playing around with it in the house I prefer it to my Orvis Mirage.

Just wish some of these things, especially American gear, was easier to come by.

Not many places within the EU, let alone the UK stock said items. 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com