Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

Gairloch Angling Club open day
« on: 28/01/2019 at 16:44 »
 the club are having a sort of open day on Saturday 23rd Feb, in the Gale centre from 12.00 'til 4.30, some of our fly tiers will be there demonstrating and offering help, there will be a spare Vice or two so any one can try, any one is welcome and the Gale centre does  tea and coffee and soup lunches, any one is welcome I know it's out of the way , but I just hope the weather is fine, :z18  Derek Roxborough

Allan Liddle

Re: Gairloch Angling Club open day
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/2019 at 10:51 »
Sounds like a good day out Derek and i'd have loved to have visited but sorry as im in Venice at the Italy show that weekend .
Hope you have a cracking day.

Allan

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2019 at 11:13 »
I'm in domestic negotiations on this one as it's a nice place to visit - even in late February.....
Plenty of nice walks around Gairloch to 'exercise' a 4.5yr old too  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 03/02/2019 at 11:20 »
Allan might need wellies in Venice at this time of year .......  :z4

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 04/02/2019 at 07:06 »
 :z4 

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 04/02/2019 at 17:24 »
I'm in domestic negotiations on this one as it's a nice place to visit - even in late February.....
Plenty of nice walks around Gairloch to 'exercise' a 4.5yr old too  :z16
And of course the Badachro for lunch... :z18
And maybe a bottle of their rather excellent gin to take home. Not one to miss H :z16

Euan

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #6 on: 04/02/2019 at 21:55 »
the Gale centre does a decent lunch but no gin, you will be welcome any way or there is the Sheiling  next door, or the Steading just near M'cColls, plenty of choices  :z18 Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 05/02/2019 at 10:19 »
I've visited them all Derek  :cool:
It was one of the 'perks' of my old role with HM Coastguard... unless it had to be sandwich 'on the hoof' day, the picking of lunch stops/coffee stops wasn't much of an onerous task  :z18
Badachro Inn for lunch in the summer is always pleasant, didn't know about their gin.... so that's something I may have to sample at some point.
H :cool:

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #8 on: 05/02/2019 at 20:28 »
I don't know if it's the Badachro Inn that's making it, I think it's some Independent Distillery , at £35 /bottle it'll be a while before I drink it, Lidls Hortus will do me, look forward to seeing you :z12 Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com