Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Adventures With Your Barrio Lines
« on: 22/11/2023 at 14:47 »
It would be great to see how you are enjoying your Barrio lines - please share your experiences!

Here are a couple of mine to get things going, I have really enjoyed my season and am looking forward to next year's adventures  >)

A camping/fishing trip to Assynt, with the Smallstream line producing lots of Brownies along the shore.

An afternoon on the Don fishing Sandy's CDC Spiders on the SLX line and netting a couple of cracking Sea Trout in amongst the Browns.

Michael Kearney

Re: Adventures With Your Barrio Lines
« Reply #1 on: 22/11/2023 at 20:09 »
That Brown has lovely markings, Mike.
I'm currently fishing in South Island, NZ.  Depending on the water, conditions and size of fly, I'm using either a 3wt, a 5wt or a 6wt rod, each matched to a Barrio line. These lines are of differing vintages; my 3wt one was purchase in 2014, which says a lot about the durability of your lines. In mid-September I caught the 8lb 4oz Brown shown below on my 6wt Stickman rod paired with a GT90 line. It is in wonderful condition for an early season fish. I will be back on the river where I caught that fish in mid-December when I hope to see trout taking adult red damselflies off the surface - heart-stopping fishing!
All the best, Michael

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 23/11/2023 at 00:17 »
Great stuff Michael, thanks for sharing, I'm really pleased that you are enjoying your lines  :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 09/01/2024 at 17:53 »
I remembered this today, carp in the Highlands on fly  and using an SLX  :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 09/01/2024 at 17:56 »
Nice one Hamish, I bet that was fun  :)

Andrew Boswell

« Reply #5 on: 09/01/2024 at 19:21 »
Exploring the Ythan below Gight Castle 🏰 with glass rod and Barrio Smallstream 🎣

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 09/01/2024 at 20:24 »
Nice one Andrew, I've fished up there, really enjoyed it  :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com