Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

SOLD - Orvis Battenkill V Disc Spey
« on: 16/01/2019 at 20:48 »
I'm selling my Orvis Battenkill V 'Spey' reel and two spare spools, all bought new less than a year ago in May.

The reel itself comes in a protective pouch, with an instruction manual and tool for converting between left hand wind and right hand wind in the box. The two spools are in Orvis bags and they're also supplied in their original boxes.

The reel is crafted from 6061-T6 aircraft aluminium and is an excellent mid-arbour design, with a smooth and positive drag. It is currently set for left hand wind but is easily changed to right hand wind. Orvis spec the reel for line weights 9-11, weight at 9.9 oz. and with a 4" diameter.

I used the reel twice (the spare spools have never been used although I did load them with backing) and I'm only selling as I've too many reels for around the same line class.

Condition - excellent :! Sure, there is some minor gravel rash on the back of the reel, but it is minor.

Price - It's the current model and full details are available on the Orvis website: https://www.orvis.co.uk/p/battenkill-disc-reel/2jlr
This little lot comes in at £367 new. First £200 secures - I cannot go lower than that.  Plus postage costs.....

Will Hendry

Re: For sale - Orvis Battenkill V Disc Spey
« Reply #1 on: 14/02/2019 at 06:02 »
I would be interested Hamish if it is still available

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 14/02/2019 at 11:54 »
I would be interested Hamish if it is still available
Will, drop me a PM if you can  :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 14/02/2019 at 20:09 »
Sold  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com