Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kerry Jordan

Re: BFFI - British Fly Fair International
« Reply #1 on: 05/01/2019 at 15:24 »
Went last year with a friend. We both had a great day nattering to exhibitors and other fishermen in a very friendly atmosphere.
Both of us returned home with empty wallets and bags full of essentials that we didn't know were so vital. 
Some advice if you haven’t been before - take some old fashioned cash as many stallholders don’t have payment terminals.

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 06/01/2019 at 08:16 »
I'm heading down to this one, not been before so all info useful Kerry :z18

Terry Coging

« Reply #3 on: 06/01/2019 at 12:14 »
Looking forwards to meeting you there Hamish...and Kerry if you go again.
A dozen or so of our club meet for breakfast at our club HQ on the Saturday morning. It's just a mile away from the Showground. Be nice to be joined by some forum members. We have a drink and simple meal after the show on Sat. You may want to join us for that too  :z18....or add a day and I'll take you rainbow fishing.

Kerry Jordan

« Reply #4 on: 07/01/2019 at 16:11 »
Thanks Terry but won’t make it this year.

James Laraway

« Reply #5 on: 09/01/2019 at 11:39 »
I’d love to go but I won’t as I just know I would spend a fortune on things ‘I need ‘ 🤣

Terry Coging

« Reply #6 on: 09/01/2019 at 17:05 »
Just a heads up.  Our pub/clubroom still have a couple of double rooms vacant on the Fair dates. Saracens Head. Just a mile from the Fair.

Allan Liddle

« Reply #7 on: 10/01/2019 at 09:24 »
Sadly missing out again this year i'm afraid, have a great show guys and i hope to get there next time  :z16

Terry Coging

« Reply #8 on: 31/01/2019 at 15:22 »
Hope the weather is fine for travelling next week.
It's OK hereabouts and looking forwards to meeting a few from the North.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #9 on: 31/01/2019 at 15:35 »
Family commitments mean I wont make it, hope you have a great time, Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #10 on: 07/02/2019 at 09:25 »
Travelling down so far today after work then getting there early on Friday to help some friends out with their stall.
Have to say I am very much looking forward to this  :z16
No where's my passport....................  :z13

James Laraway

« Reply #11 on: 07/02/2019 at 15:06 »
Would love to be there but I’m too busy going to BassPro shops , eating crawfish and visiting vineyards in Texas 🤣

Hamish Young

« Reply #12 on: 08/02/2019 at 07:04 »
Would love to be there but I’m too busy going to BassPro shops , eating crawfish and visiting vineyards in Texas 🤣
Sounds hellish  :wink

Allan Liddle

« Reply #13 on: 08/02/2019 at 08:16 »
Enjoy the weekend guys always a great event  :z16

Hamish Young

Re: BFFI - British Fly Fair International New
« Reply #14 on: 11/02/2019 at 11:19 »
My BFFI 'virginity' is now broken. Two busy old days with quite a long drive down and back to Stafford, but 100% worth it.

For the benefit of those who have yet to go it's actually difficult to capture the events of this weekend event in words or pictures; there's so much to see. Even when you think you’ve exhausted everything to see you haven’t - suffice to say that there's plenty to keep you busy for two days and definitely plenty of stuff to buy  :cool:
I've seen everything from someone making huge single Salmon 'irons' from scratch to size 32 buzzers being tied in the same room.

Huge quantities of fly tying stuff I never thought I'd need - but I do now :wink Loads of folk I did know, hundreds I didn't. New friends made and delightfully some forum members met for the first time  :z16
I won some prizes in the Casting for Recovery raffle and an auction item in the Saturday sale.  I even won a free pint in the pub. At close to a fiver a pint, trust me that was appreciated. Somehow I’ve also ended up with not one but two Tenkara rods – I have a plan for them :!

Herewith a few pics from the trip, I helped the Orvis team set up their stand on the Friday:
Chocolate bunt cake, made by Rachael Brady the Orvis Lady (thanks Euan, that's now firmly embedded ;) )

Free pint on a Friday night  :z18

Kev talking to Magnus. I felt Magnus seemed too grumpy, so edited him out  :X2 :z4

There were lots of these, must have been 20 folk tying fully dressed patterns:

Have a few more pics, but these will do.  10/10 folks, you need to add this to a must visit list.
H

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com