Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

Whisky Watch
« on: 29/12/2018 at 15:06 »
I know all you tee-totallers on here lead a blame less lily white life, but in case you get Tempted over the festive period, I am trying a bottle  of " Stillmans Cask" from Tesco, it seems to be good for what ails you, but my Daughter ( Thoughtful girl) bought me a Bottle of Auchentoshen " American Oak", so I have in a plentiful supply of Falling down water, I hope you are as well supplied, mine is purely medicinal , you understand, happy new year and I hope 2019 brings you all you wish for, real or imagined, :z12 , Derek Roxborough 

Hamish Young

Re: Whisky Watch
« Reply #1 on: 30/12/2018 at 08:58 »
I have one or five bottles tucked away, also for entirely medicinal purposes only :wink
Amongst others sitting alongside my usual Highland Park 'Viking Pride'  is some Cardhu Gold Reserve which - I have to say - is very drinkable.  Hic. That American Oak Auchentoshen is very nice indeed. Clearly I have been very ill  :z4

Terry Coging

« Reply #2 on: 30/12/2018 at 13:31 »
Blast! I had a lt of Jamesons and a JD bourbon  in my Chrismas stocking...what shall I do about that?

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 30/12/2018 at 13:45 »
Probably best take some (a lot) as an illness prophylactic measure  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 30/12/2018 at 16:01 »
Must confess that I'm not as hardcore as you guys, but I do like a chilled Martini with a meal and a Tia Maria afterwards ..... perhaps I spent too long in Spain  :z4

Cheers
Mike

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 30/12/2018 at 16:35 »
Is Tia Maria alright with that?  :z18  Derek Roxborough

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 30/12/2018 at 16:45 »
 :z4  :z4  :z4        I'm sure she would approve Derek.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 30/12/2018 at 20:21 »
we only have your word on that Mike, :X2 Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com