Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

A fly tying day with Allan, Liam and myself tying all sorts of stuff and chewing the fat about fishing.

10:30 to 16:00 at the Cottage Bar & Restaurant, Maryburgh IV7 8EB

Hope to see some of you there   :z16 :z18

H

Terry Coging

Re: Loch Achonachie Angling Club fly tying masterclass
« Reply #1 on: 23/01/2019 at 20:18 »
Wish I could be there. Hope you enjoy it guys  :z18

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 23/01/2019 at 21:56 »
It will be after lunch , weather permitting, I will be returning from Inversneckie, on my way home, Derek Roxborough

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: 24/01/2019 at 13:32 »
Wish you all well.
Bob.

James Laraway

« Reply #4 on: 25/01/2019 at 09:21 »
I’ll be there after lunch 👍

James Laraway

« Reply #5 on: 25/01/2019 at 09:27 »
Will there be flytying stuff to buy? Not that I’m ‘in the market or needing anything ‘ 🤣

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 25/01/2019 at 17:16 »
Don't believe so James, but Grahams is sort of on the way there or back  :z17 :wink

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 26/01/2019 at 20:58 »
 I called in and met Allan and Hamish ,a lot of local interest, a decent turn out, Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 27/01/2019 at 09:01 »
Well what a grand day that was  :! Super to see some forum members make it too  :z18

Other than some adult education classes I delivered in the early '00s it was the first time I've properly tied flies in front of an audience for something like 24 or 25 years, great craic and it was grand tying like that again along with the banter surrounding all discussions about all things fly fishing - but dapping in particular :cool:

A big thank you to Allan for asking me along and to the Loch Achonachie Angling Club for organising and hosting at the Cottage Bar in Maryburgh  :z16
Quite a few of my dapping flies have headed off to new owners to use and copy, with promises that they'll let me know how they got on. Interesting wee challenge hopefully coming up later in the year between myself and Stewart Yates of Assynt Fly Fishing https://assyntflyfishing.com/ between our two very different styles of dapping.

Also great to have Cheyenne Stronach tying flies, great to see youngsters tying so well and taking part in the banter :z16

Some pics:

Great wee event, why don't more clubs do this sort of thing :? :!
If I'm invited back will be there like a shot next year  :z16

H

Terry Coging

« Reply #9 on: 27/01/2019 at 11:32 »
Ah! Dapping Hamish.  If you can make it to the BFFI in Stafford I will have something quite interesting to discuss. Hope to have a wee dram with you too  :z18

Allan Liddle

« Reply #10 on: 27/01/2019 at 14:05 »
Thanks to everyone who made it along, Cottage Bar for looking after us so well and LAAC for hosting.
Hamish, Stewart and Cheyenne were excellent and you're all certainly invited back for next year.

Good to meet up with a few forum members, plenty fishing craic and loads of fishy stories, cracking day.

Yup agree Hamish, pity more clubs don't do this.

Derek good to see you again and lets get a cast sorted with that Geordie guy this season.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com