Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Hi Everyone

I'm helping the RSAA put together a small tying and fishing fair type thing on Saturday 19th January.
Tying demos from Sean Stanton, Ron Sutherland, Liam Stephen and obviously yours truly throughout the day with a beginners salmon, beginners trout workshop running and a try tying for the first time bench.

Local Tackle Shop the Angling Centre will be there with a small range of materials for sale, No29 craft shop from Fochabers also attending selling a range of Maderia threads (see FFFT this issue and all will be revealed  :wink)
Burger van to keep us all fed, casting tuition from Dave Mateer and possibly the Deveron Trust on hand to promote the fishing on this iconic river (yup we're hoping to get the Spey involved as well and wouldn't turn away the Don or any fishery who also fancies attending to support the event).

So all in all a wee fun day out which we hope attracts a few to come along and chew the fat to help see us through until the curtain goes up on another season ahead.

Regards
Allan

PS Would have popped this into the events calendar but couldn't find it  :oops

Mike Barrio

Great stuff Allan ...... I've linked this to the calendar :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Allan Liddle

Allan Liddle

Not long now till this one rolls round, wondering if any here interested in attending, would be great to see a few forum members popping along, worth it to watch Sean Stanton and Ron Sutherland tying their various salmon patterns, i believe Sean's also taking along some materials for sale and both will most likely have flies to sell with them

Scott McKenzie is heading over with his rod range and awaiting confirmation from Ian Gordon to see if he's still able to tag along and offer salmon fishing advice to all who need it on the day.

Fur shitty troot flees you'll just have to put up with Liam and me  :z4

Hope to see you there

Thanks
Allan

Hamish Young

Euan Innes

If I am in the country I will try hard to get to this one. The fishing cabin fever is setting in and I need to do something about it! :z4

Euan

Allan Liddle

Thanks guys, it's shaping up to being a crackin wee day  :z16

Hamish Young

So, other than Allan and myself, who else from the forum is going along to this event  :?
Be fine to catch up  :z16

Euan Innes

Looks like I will be in Marsaille so sorry guys, I'm not coming out to play.  :cry

Euan

Hamish Young

Looks like I will be in Marsaille so sorry guys, I'm not coming out to play.  :cry

Euan
  :X1 Pity, next time  :z16

Derek Roxborough

If I manage to come it will be a last minute thing, just the way things are, :z18 Derek Roxborough

Allan Liddle

Last shout out for this one for Saturday.
Weather forecast shows it to be ok for the weekend, cold but perfect for an indoor fly tying event  :wink

To add to the list our very own Kevin Muir also heading over as a tyer, Partridge Hooks and Fly Fishing and Fly Tying helping out and supporting us in a little way and Deveron Trust there to promote all things Deveron.

Shaping up nicely to be a great wee show, if your free Saturday why not pop along.

Cheers
Allan

Hamish Young

Good news Kev will be there - haven't seen him in a while  :!

Mike Barrio

Great stuff, haven't seen Kev for a while either :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com