Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

Winter Visitor
« on: 19/11/2018 at 19:39 »
Saw my first Redwing in the garden , plenty berries just now, Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

Re: Winter Visitor
« Reply #1 on: 19/11/2018 at 21:15 »
They raided our garden a couple of weeks ago - impressive how all the berries went :!

Euan Innes

« Reply #2 on: 19/11/2018 at 22:19 »
Nice!
I saw some little Grebes on my lunchtime run today, along with two pairs of Goldeyes. Epic!
I love the whole birding life. I was fitting a new antenna on a drillship last week in the Med and two Peregrines did aerobatics round me. The female landed on top of the derrick and the male did some stunning aerobatics to impress her. I reckon he got lucky as they flew off together later. Fed a bunch of Chaffies some bread sticks too!

Euan

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: 22/11/2018 at 15:08 »
To me the places I fish have to have good countryside and plenty of wildlife. Spend more time watching the birds as the line comes round. Sometimes something hits the fly but so what.

Graham Nicol

« Reply #4 on: 22/11/2018 at 19:50 »
Tinkering around in my garden today which has a stream running through it I saw goldfinches, siskins, redwings, tits, pied wagtails, a wren , a dunnock, a dipper, a pheasant and there were a pair of buzzards mewing above for ages. Lovely stuff.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com