Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Terje Anstensen

New member from Norway says hello
« on: 17/11/2018 at 13:48 »
Hi

Please allow me to introduce myself :-)

Norwegian 66 year old dryflyer from mid Norway. Lives and works in Trondheim as a bookbinder in a print factory. I have been fishing as long as i can remember, first with a branch with a piece of nylon, a float and a hook with worm. Through the years, first sea fishing for cod and other species on the coast. Then the salmon caught me,  (i caught a few myself) in the rivers of Trondelag wich has some famous rivers as Gaula,Orkla,Stjordalselva,Steinkjerelva and the lovely  home river Nidelva that runs through my town Trondheim. This river has a record salmon of 31.8 kilos caught on a steel spin. He had no car so he had to strap it to his bicycle to get it home. Evetually salmon fishing got so expensive and for me boring. (650 casts and one "nibble") that my interrest for dry fly fishing took over. In this area we have a paradise for people like me who likes hikes up in the mountains with stream lakes and tares all with nice sized wild trout and char.
And the best of all, nobody else bothers to go there unless they can drive to the shore. And there are few of those places. So i am pretty much alone or with my younger brother. (and the reindeers,elks and an odd bear)
  The sad thing is that the season is very short. If we have early spring we can be fishing the dry in the first week of june and the season closes sept.1. The rivers floods with icy water until the midst of june. So by end of april i am in bad need of a rise.
I have been looking for somewhere to go to start the season and having read about the Scottish rivers and the chances of "fishing the fly" in early May my dream on this rainy dark November day is to actually do it next spring. So You might see me pale after the icy winter with a silly grin on my face on the bank of some beatiful Scottish river. Would be thankful for tips and suggestion for where to fish and maybe to meet someone from this forum for a chat and a wee scotch together on the bank.
If you are interrested here are my Instagram site #terjeristen and #borderlandbros

Jim Eddie

Re: New member from Norway says hello
« Reply #1 on: 17/11/2018 at 16:55 »
Welcome to the forum  Terje, worked in Stavanger for a while but never got a chance to do any fishing.

:z18
Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 18/11/2018 at 12:27 »
Hi Terje ....... welcome to the forum :z16

Sounds like you've got some nice trout fishing to enjoy.

I'm sure that if you were to visit the Aberdeen area in May, we might be able to help you to find a fish or two on the River Don.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 20/11/2018 at 18:18 »
I noticed that you posted a photo in the gallery Terje ...... it looks like a great place to fish :z12

Terje Anstensen

« Reply #4 on: 20/11/2018 at 20:01 »
Thanks Mike

Yes, it is a beatiful river in the borderland paradise. I spend five to six weeks fishing 24/7 each summer up there.
More pictures are coming to the gallery :z12

Terje

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 20/11/2018 at 21:22 »
Bring it on Terje!
I have flown over Norway a lot and I need to get on the ground with a trout rod. The salmon fishing is too expensive, like the beer, but the remote trout fishing looks fantastic.
Welcome,

Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com