Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

White Loch
« on: 27/10/2018 at 15:08 »
There are a chain of 3 lochs on the outskirts of Blairgowrie, the Black Loch was on land donated to build the Golf Course and is now part of that.
The White Loch and Fingask (which are circa 100yrds apart) are stocked and managed by the Blairgowrie and Rattray club.
You need to be a member or a guest to fish them.
A pal of mine is a member so we fished the White Loch yesterday, Fingask is the bigger and more heavily stocked loch, but its more exposed and there were 14mph winds forecast, the White Loch is smaller (only two boats) but it is in a hollow and has mature trees on 2 sides. It is stocked with Rainbows and Blues , it also has a head of wild Browns as it has an inlet and outlet burn.
One or two rises when we arrived  when we were tackling up, I went with wets and a midge tip and my pal went with dries and a floater. I had a few pulls in the morning but nothing stuck, just before lunch I had a bow of around 4lb's , put up a great fight despite  having lost half its tail to n Otter  by the looks of it.
After lunch my mate changed to an intermediate , soon after lunch he had a cracking Blue of around 3lb which fought like a tiger.
Its a really deep Loch up to 60 ft in the middle, we decided to have a drift close in on the far bank as there were some huge sunken boulders which looked like the perfect hiding place for trout, had a couple of pulls on our first drift, next drift I hooked into a cracking fish, turned out to be a cracking Brownie of around 5lbs ( quick photo and safely returned)
All in all  good days winter fishing.
If you take out a years season ticket on the Ericht (Jan to Dec)   this gives you a years Trout and Grayling fishing and access to these Lochs

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: White Loch
« Reply #1 on: 27/10/2018 at 18:30 »
Great stuff Jim :z16

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 27/10/2018 at 18:53 »
I forgot to add, a years season ticket for the Ericht for trout and Grayling is £25
Also gives you access to the two Lochs as a guest, £20 for a day  includes the boat, you can keep 3 fish if you wish.

:z18
Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 28/10/2018 at 07:36 »
Sounds like a pretty good deal Jim,

Eddie

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 30/10/2018 at 08:49 »
There are so many lochs around Blairgowrie that are hidden away within a few hundred yards of the road.

Over the years I have had permission to fish a few of them for Pike, Perch and...Tench.

Unfortunately, some of them are now heavily silted and unfishable or have been poached out.

Some happy memories around there :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com