Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kerry Jordan

Uncanny parallels with  neonicotinoid insecticides and glyphosate herbicide in terms of lobbying by huge pharma corporations and the suppression / modification of relevant scientific  evidence.
If we ever get Brexit there is likely to be less control on these agents than there is now. Just sayin.....

Andy MacArthur

Aye Kerry it’s the suppression and debunking of the hard science that’s the worrying aspect.

Bob Mitchell

Science will prove what ever the company wants. Just a matter of researching what you want for an answer.
Bob.

Derek Roxborough

SEPA are now condemning the use of Chemicals, as they have found the chemicals persist in the environment, I read this near 30 odd years back , but it was poo pooed at the time, Derek Roxborough

James Laraway

one of the SEPA 'bosses' was on radio scotland yestarday morning.

one word springs to mind - toothless.

The way he was talking it was like he was a friend of the fish farm companies trying to gentle persuade them to do the right thing.

They are meant to be a regulator. Regulators are not meant to be 'friends' with the industry that they are meant to be regulating - they are meant to keep them in check.

You dont see the Financial Conduct Authority being best chums with the banks, so i dont see why SEPA thinks it appropriate to be best friends with the fish farmers.

Oh, hang on, i know the answer. Its because they are a Scottish Governement agency and thus do as they are told - and they are told that the fish farming industry is more important than wild salmon, seat trout , the environment or people's health.

rant over....

Bob Mitchell

I hope that S.E.P.A. is far better with there protection work than the F.C.A when the banks took us all to the wall.
S.E.P.A . is about all we have unfortunately.
Bob.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com