Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Cameron deBoth

Re: Sutherland specials...
« Reply #15 on: 19/03/2019 at 11:30 »
Sorry been away on the Skye and Harris/Lewis. I'll try get the dims updates over lunch. Didnt spot the front was a V initially so I'll look to update that also.

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #16 on: 19/03/2019 at 12:14 »
Here we are.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #17 on: 20/03/2019 at 01:28 »
That's awesome!

Any one got a 3d printer....

I'm looking to buy an airbrushing kit to revive some old tomic plugs i've acquired for Ferox hunting. i'd be happy to attempt to paint them for folks if somebody was able to print the lures. Blue over Silver would be my preference  :z12

:z18

Steven.

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #18 on: 20/03/2019 at 10:20 »
That's awesome!

Any one got a 3d printer....

I'm looking to buy an airbrushing kit to revive some old tomic plugs i've acquired for Ferox hunting. i'd be happy to attempt to paint them for folks if somebody was able to print the lures. Blue over Silver would be my preference  :z12

:z18

Steven.

I know a bloke. I'll text him but he works for RGU so not sure if he can use the machines for a cost. He may have his own printer for all I know.

Only thing is, currently its missing a weighted centre like the original seems to have? Need to have a look at what inserts we can find cheaply online and then I can adjust the model to suit and maybe epoxy them in or something?

Can have them 3D printed in clear material ready for painting.

One thought I had. Having them printed fully if the "wings" snap off you are scuppered. Do we look to have replaceable ones? Not thought how to do that yet though and its adding complexity. Might be cheap enough to 3D print though so not a worry.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #19 on: 20/03/2019 at 12:31 »
I know a bloke. I'll text him but he works for RGU so not sure if he can use the machines for a cost. He may have his own printer for all I know.

Only thing is, currently its missing a weighted centre like the original seems to have? Need to have a look at what inserts we can find cheaply online and then I can adjust the model to suit and maybe epoxy them in or something?

Can have them 3D printed in clear material ready for painting.

One thought I had. Having them printed fully if the "wings" snap off you are scuppered. Do we look to have replaceable ones? Not thought how to do that yet though and its adding complexity. Might be cheap enough to 3D print though so not a worry.

Cameron, if it were we I would have a recess where clear plastic fins could be glued into and if required couod be easily replaced.  :z16

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #20 on: 21/03/2019 at 07:36 »
Cameron, if it were we I would have a recess where clear plastic fins could be glued into and if required couod be easily replaced.  :z16

Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines and if they snap off you can just drill them out and glue new ones in. Might make it cheaper having them separate as you would need less support material to print it as one complete item.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com