Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Robb

New trout fishery?
« on: 12/10/2018 at 16:40 »
Anyone aware of a new fishery being set up on The A920 between Colpy and Meikle Wartle?

I passed it yesterday and it’s quite close to the road side.  One pond looks finished with another one, possibly two ponds  dug out and ready to fill with water.

Didn’t see any signs and I haven’t noticed any water there before.

Would be good to see some new waters opening,

Jim Eddie

Re: New trout fishery?
« Reply #1 on: 12/10/2018 at 21:11 »
Pretty sure it's private Dave

:z18

Jim

Derek Mckay

« Reply #2 on: 12/10/2018 at 23:16 »
Been there a while and definitely private.

Colin Sunley

« Reply #3 on: 14/10/2018 at 20:08 »
Its a retirement project and definitely private.
Search post topic ; fishery or private , i asked same question a few years ago,

Dave Robb

« Reply #4 on: 15/10/2018 at 19:01 »
Oh well that’s a shame.

Been no more word on Loch Insch either which is strange.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 16/10/2018 at 19:42 »
I heard Insch is not going to open. I heard there was a sibling fall out, so not sure what's going to happen now.

Jim

Dave Robb

« Reply #6 on: 16/10/2018 at 19:59 »
Strange,  that drone video suggested a fair bit of money had been ploughed into it already just to get it cleared out.

Even if they no longer wanted to run it, they would be as well finishing the job and selling it to someone who wants to own a fishery.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 23/10/2018 at 12:08 »
Anyone aware of a new fishery being set up on The A920 between Colpy and Meikle Wartle?

I passed it yesterday and it’s quite close to the road side.  One pond looks finished with another one, possibly two ponds  dug out and ready to fill with water.

Didn’t see any signs and I haven’t noticed any water there before.

Would be good to see some new waters opening,

These ones? https://www.google.com/maps/@57.3844486,-2.5262883,740m/data=!3m1!1e3

Sarah Ferguson

« Reply #8 on: 23/10/2018 at 13:57 »
Hi Folks
The Ponds are definitely private at this point in time
As some of you are aware the project has been ongoing for 4 years with Loch Meaup being established

I am now working on Loch Tye-Meedoon and we are in the final stages of completion

At the moment all strictly private with 24 hr CCTV in operation

With regards to loch Insch I can tell you that we had got to the missives stage in buying the place last year to open to the public however the seller tried a fly one and tried to get us to increase our offer which we declined

We have been in contact with the new owner and the intention was for refurb works to be completed and the fishery reopened in March this year - alas no further work was completed and I have had no further contact from the owner

Tight lines folks

David James Murray

« Reply #9 on: 23/10/2018 at 22:57 »
I heard Insch is not going to open. I heard there was a sibling fall out, so not sure what's going to happen now.

Jim

Cool story, I heard it’s been sold too.  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com