Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Re: salmon farms
« Reply #30 on: 18/10/2018 at 08:50 »
I'm not so sure Bob, whilst I do think SEPA have to step up their game I am of the opinion that if SEPA were appropriately funded in order to provide the required level of qualified staff to deal with aquaculture then self-regulation of the salmon farming industry would not be required.
SEPA would be obliged to do it under their mandate with significant support from Marine Scotland.
What is disappointing is the measures SEPA are putting in place when farms fail the standards, which resonates with the political machinations and propaganda that surrounds the industry - particularly at the moment.

Bob Mitchell

Re: salmon farms
« Reply #31 on: 22/10/2018 at 21:43 »
Not sure about this but is S.E.P.A. funded by the Scottish Government. Just wondered if they were scared to bite the hand that funds them. Think that the salmon farmers will do as they like and the only thing that will change them is when they start making a loss each year.
Would not like to see the end of the salmon farms as it would put even more pressure on the wild fish. We can not go on as at present. Need to keep the "meat heads" in the newspapers.
Bob.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com