Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Paul Procter kit stolen
« on: 25/09/2018 at 20:11 »
Facebook chums of Paul may have seen his post, but others maybe not.
Herewith the text:

"STOLEN...PLEASE READ AND SHARE. Been left feeling totally violated, distressed and deflated today after discovering a heap of fishing tackle/fly tying equipment was stolen from my vehicle last night whilst visiting good friends Richard Tong, Ann & Andy Kitchener, in #ilkley, #westyorkshire. Items included these listed below with some the same, or similar as those photographed here. Speaking with West Yorkshire Police (v helpful...thank you), apparently thieves are using the likes of Shpock - the boot sale app for beautiful things and Gumtree UK these days to shift stolen goods, as well as eBay UK. Please, please, please share this post and keep an eye out for any items. The most valuable belongings are my fly boxes (years of work), Mackenzie prototypes (street value nothing, but nice actions!!!) and my treasured Regal vice. Thank you folks, P…

Fishing Tackle
1 Mackenzie DTX FX1 9ft #5 rod (like #6 in photo)
2 blank carbon rods, one 9ft the other 10ft (like in photo) which were Mackenzie DTX prototypes
1 Orvis Helios 10ft 4 weight
1 gold coloured prototype fly reel loaded with Mike Barrio GT90 #4 line (unbranded)
1 Orvis Battenkill Reel loaded with Mastery #5 line
1 Orvis (olive coloured backpack)
1 Gale Force (grey coloured) chest pack (like in photo)
1 Panasonic TZ70 camera
5x nymph boxes loaded mainly with bead head nymphs (like in photo)
4x plastic dry fly boxes loaded with dries (like in photo)

Fly Tying equipment
1 Regal Vise - Regal Fly Tying Vise medallion vice with extended stem
1 G clamp
Several Griffith ceramic bobbin holders
1 Tompson ice tempered scissors
1 Griffith ice tempered scissors
1 Day Light lamp
Several dubbing needles
Brass deer hair stacker
Several packets of Partridge of Redditch barbless hooks (SLD2, and new grub hook )
Several spools of Semperfli Nano silk various colours
Several packets of Semperfli 3mm booby various colours
Several spools of Semperfli Micro Glint various colours
Several spools of Semperfli Straggle String
Other miscellaneous items: yearling elk hair, natural partridge skin, Veniard’s dubbing box, Bag of natural CdC, hare’s fur dubbing, peacock herl, copper wire
"

Folks please keep a weather eye for this kit, it's a sad thing to happen  :mad

Terryll Monroe

Re: Paul Procter kit stolen
« Reply #1 on: 27/09/2018 at 02:35 »
I will never see any of the stolen items where I'm at, but I do hope the police find the one's responsible.  That is a lot of gear to have taken away and it's a shame this had to happen.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com