Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Olley

Hi from France
« on: 24/09/2018 at 12:05 »
Hi all
I stumbled over the site again whilst searching for something else and it prompted me to get logged in and say hello.
I still have many happy memories of tubing at Haddo and of my time fishing around Aberdenshire.
As stated, I now live in the Dordogne region of France, and I am afraid there are very limited opportunities for fly fishing here and, in addition, mobility issues and a stroke earlier this year have pretty much put paid to any attempts.
All my fishing is now limited to sitting stationary and fishing fro Carp, Bream etc. Still fun, but in a different way.
So, how is it all going up there in the frozen North?

Mike Barrio

Re: Hi from France
« Reply #1 on: 24/09/2018 at 12:13 »
Hi Dave ..... great to hear from you :z16

I hope life is treating you well in France and it's good to hear that you're still managing to get a bit of fishing in :z12

I've got many great memories of our days at Haddo too!

Best wishes
Mike

Dave Olley

« Reply #2 on: 24/09/2018 at 12:38 »
Hi Mike
It's a while since I have seen that. I look so young :z7

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 24/09/2018 at 13:24 »
There you go ................ looking as bright as the float tube :z12

Dave Olley

« Reply #4 on: 26/09/2018 at 11:55 »
Hi Mike
That float tube is a lot more weathered now. It is currently being used by a neighbour's son to lure fish for Pike and Zander on a 150 acre local lake'
Lure fishing from float tubes is very popular here.

Terryll Monroe

« Reply #5 on: 27/09/2018 at 02:39 »
Hello Dave, and welcome.  Fishing in a float tube is very popular where I live for trout and bass.  I'd like to read more about your outings on the water when you get the opportunity to post them.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com