Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Wee streamers
« on: 11/09/2018 at 11:21 »
so i had some success with 'big' articulated wooley buggers ( tied with #1 and #2 hooks)

so i thought why now tie some smaller ones, for smaller predators - pike, perch, trout etc

so the front hook is a #6 and the back ones are #8 or a #10

i think i like them

Kerry Jordan

Re: Wee streamers
« Reply #1 on: 11/09/2018 at 20:11 »
Love ‘em!  They look peachy; and perchy! What rod weight , length and line are you using with these  bad boys?

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 12/09/2018 at 09:38 »
I've yet to given them a cast, so not too sure.

I reccon that they are small enough to go on a #7 with something like an SLX

the BIG versions which are x3 the size ( with bigger dumbells and much larger hooks) i fished with a #9, and that was OK

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 13/09/2018 at 19:36 »
Loving your work Mr Laraway  :z16
I have a certain #4 with a Commando head that could launch them in to the horizon! And OPST now do an integrated Commando line. Not cheap but well worth it and you get to throw large flies to small fish and then get to play them on an appropriate line size.
They go right down to a #3. I'll bet they would work on your next visit to Glen Tanar if the troot are doon deep!
Just sayin'.... :z4 :z4 :z4

Euan

James Laraway

« Reply #4 on: 14/09/2018 at 08:58 »
Loving your work Mr Laraway  :z16
I have a certain #4 with a Commando head that could launch them in to the horizon! And OPST now do an integrated Commando line. Not cheap but well worth it and you get to throw large flies to small fish and then get to play them on an appropriate line size.
They go right down to a #3. I'll bet they would work on your next visit to Glen Tanar if the troot are doon deep!
Just sayin'.... :z4 :z4 :z4

Euan

if you would like to 'test pilot' some just ping me a PM with your address and i'll get them in the post to you

i think i have a green card on saturday afternoon - so i may get to give them a whirl myself too !

Its either chase the brownies, or, with this rain the salmon & sea trout on the nairn - not made up my mind yet...

« Reply #5 on: 18/09/2018 at 12:56 »
They look the busines.

Euan Innes

« Reply #6 on: 18/09/2018 at 13:32 »
if you would like to 'test pilot' some just ping me a PM with your address and i'll get them in the post to you

i think i have a green card on saturday afternoon - so i may get to give them a whirl myself too !

Its either chase the brownies, or, with this rain the salmon & sea trout on the nairn - not made up my mind yet...
Did you get your green light? And did they work?
I would take you up on your offer but I'm not sure when I will be out again as work just went through the roof again.
Thanks anyway,

Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com