Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

foraging
« on: 09/09/2018 at 22:00 »
 I have come to the conclusion that I may be a better forager than a fisherman, I have been getting a few chanterelle, and it's been a good year for Brambles, and a neighbours pear tree has been giving up its bounty, but a lot are on the ground going to waste, as they bruise easily ,yes, my fishing has been dire this season , so I have to have a consolation  :X2 Derek Roxborough

Terry Coging

Re: foraging
« Reply #1 on: 10/09/2018 at 07:51 »
Make some Perry with the Pears Derek. Easy to do and quite rewarding. I made 5 gall last season. It does not keep as well as cider but can be drunk as soon as it's cleared. It makes a nice alternative to a light white wine when served with fish.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 10/09/2018 at 07:54 »
I was on holidays last week and we ended up with around 8lbs of plums, a good 20lbs of apples (the apple press is coming out of retirement), a few pounds of blackberries (in a crumble last night, yummy) and goodness knows how many rose hips for making syrup and rowan berries for some strange potion the better half wants to make.

....and we only went out for a walk lol

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 10/09/2018 at 12:13 »
I used to do a bit of Brewing but I no longer have the containers etc. but crumbles and Pies I can do I made a load of Jam last year, I have quince to look forward to now,after the first frosts, I will still fish when possible
 :z4 Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com