Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Feeling a little better...
« on: 30/08/2018 at 08:54 »
After getting a real beating ( 15 fish to my one) at Glen Tanar, where my mate fished the squirmy under a bung i tentaively returned to fishing last night.

i thought as it was a lovely day in the highland capital then evening might be nice for a cast - how wrong i was.

Arrived at the loch only to find out that it was blowing an absolute hooley !

Chose to fish the side i thought would be safest casting wise. On went the SLXi and away i went.

this loch is alway a challenge and after about an hour there was a big swirl approximately where my flies were...never felt a touch.

thats it i thought, that was my only chance of the evening ( as it is getting colder and dark much earlier now)

so i switched banks and about 6 casts later, wham. And a decent fish takes to the air.

2 cast later im in again, but with a more modest fish this time.

the sucessful fly was only what i can descibe as the love child of a pearly invicta snatcher and a goats toe  - the recipe below but with blue peakcock upfront instead of blue jay. The result of 5 mins at the bench yestarday so well chuffed.  I think I will call it the iGoat

James Laraway

Re: Feeling a little better...
« Reply #1 on: 30/08/2018 at 15:11 »
iGoat tiger tail....

using coloured cape tops for the tail...

Terryll Monroe

« Reply #2 on: 30/08/2018 at 18:50 »
Magnificent looking fly.  It should catch you many fish in your loch's.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 30/08/2018 at 22:16 »
iGoat tiger tail....

using coloured cape tops for the tail...

I like that  :z16

I reckon that could well tempt the odd Grilse on Deeside just now.

:z18

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com