Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Michael Gauld

fly fishing in and around dundee....
« on: 24/07/2018 at 17:17 »
Hello,
Im heading down to dundee next week to try different fishing spots and we're headin to  Ledyatt , Forbes of Kingenny and ledcreif i believe theyre called..pardon the spelling. Has any one fished them and if so....are they any good ?? cheers, MG

Jim Eddie

Re: fly fishing in and around dundee....
« Reply #1 on: 24/07/2018 at 18:41 »
Ledayatt has some big fish and is really well run, the cabin where you get the permits is very comfortable and free tea or coffee is supplied.

Kingennie is very well stocked but can get very busy , you have a lot of golfers and tourists passing by, but it can Fish well.

Ledcrief is the most secluded of the 3 well away from the road, don't think it is as well stocked as the other 2 but worth wetting a line

:z18
Jim

Michael Gauld

« Reply #2 on: 24/07/2018 at 18:43 »
Thanks pal, i appreciate it..

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 25/07/2018 at 08:04 »
Mackerel, school bass and sea trout from the Tay from Dundee East as well.

Michael Gauld

« Reply #4 on: 25/07/2018 at 08:40 »
Dundee east ????

Duncan Inglis

« Reply #5 on: 25/07/2018 at 20:30 »
Off the bank there is also Rescobie Loch, near Forfar, about 20 mins away, boats also available. Nearer Dundee for boat fishing there is Monikie Angling Club which is very close to Kingennie, see websites for details etc.
I have to say that due to the water temperature, about 18c none of the fisheries will be fishing well unless we get some rain to lower the water temperatures.

James Laraway

« Reply #6 on: 25/07/2018 at 22:25 »
Funnily enough I have a week at Forbes of Kinglennie later this year- in the autumn when it’s much cooler ( and the accommodation is more reasonably priced!)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com