Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Carrying a float tube...
« on: 19/07/2018 at 12:04 »
as anyone who has one will know, if you need to carry one any distance its a real pain....

yes you can blow it up at the car, attach the carrying straps and then walk to the water - but its a bit of a pain

i thought about getting a big rucksack to put the tube, flipper, pump etc in but then i was at the beach at Dornoch on Saturday and saw someone with a bag that i thought was idea - one for putting body-boards in ....so i got one....

its marvellous...( its the size to cope with 3 boardy-boards or one float tube)

i can now get all of my stuff to the water in comfort and in one trip !

Mike Barrio

Re: Carrying a float tube...
« Reply #1 on: 19/07/2018 at 12:49 »
Steve Parton's float tubes used to come with shoulder straps :z12

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 19/07/2018 at 13:54 »
lovely picture  :z4

my vision one does come with attachable straps but if you are going any distance you need to carry your tackle, flippers....lots of clutter

my drifter has an inflatable seat which is a pain to blow up, but the side tubes are easy - the bag i got will take the tube with the seat still blow up - awesome :-)

plus there is a front comparement for my (big) flippers... :z16

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 20/07/2018 at 07:33 »
Aye James , you will be able to carry it , over the hills and far away :X2 Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 20/07/2018 at 08:46 »
I have a Saturday and Sunday to kill whilst the other half is doing First Responder training...I may dig out my tube and hit Loch of Loriston for a laugh. ...now where is my lifejacket????

« Reply #5 on: 25/07/2018 at 12:51 »
Looks like a very neat solution.  :z16

I went down the route of a 100L rucksack and use neoprene rock boots and scuba fins so don't have to carry heavy wading boots. Have also got a set on fins which are a snug fit over the socks on my waders so don’t need to take the rock boots, but having the the boots makes getting out of the water easier.

I like this setup as I can easy cover miles in comfort, even over rough ground and don't have to wear waders for the walk in.

James Laraway

« Reply #6 on: 30/07/2018 at 12:47 »
well, i tested my new setup on friday...and i have to say i was impressed.

in my bag was the tube, pump, spare waders and everything else you can see on the photo

comfortable to wear and not expensive to boot

( also has mesh sections in the bottom to let water drain out !)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com