Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Course fish on the fly
« on: 15/07/2018 at 19:42 »
for something a wee bit different today i took the float tube down to Loch Alvie to search for pike and perch on the fly.

the pike were not playing ball, as i only managed some teeny-tiny ones.

the small perch however were well on the take. I think i got about 20 -odd ! Hate to think how many others bashed my lures.

was really nice just to try something different as opposedd to chasing trout

Rob Brownfield

Re: Course fish on the fly
« Reply #1 on: 16/07/2018 at 08:41 »
Stunned you found any at all, the place has taken a bashing, but well done, lovely to see them.

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 16/07/2018 at 09:21 »
i was talking to a chap on the bank who was deadbaiting - but got nothing apart from eels savaging his deadbaits....

he said the PAAS had got permission from the landowners to fish the far ( non-alvie) bank but had so many issues with them wrecking the place that they had permission removed. Nice... :z8

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 17/07/2018 at 09:58 »
i was talking to a chap on the bank who was deadbaiting - but got nothing apart from eels savaging his deadbaits....

he said the PAAS had got permission from the landowners to fish the far ( non-alvie) bank but had so many issues with them wrecking the place that they had permission removed. Nice... :z8

The place used to be "run" by a chap called Dominic Moore who had a kitted out boat on the place. He made sure people behaved, but he moved away years ago and things progressively got bad.  Eels are a real issue on the place!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com