Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Session reels
« on: 08/07/2018 at 09:55 »
I saw this https://www.sessionflyfishing.com/session-reel/ and was intrigued.......

Terry Coging

Re: Session reels
« Reply #1 on: 08/07/2018 at 11:56 »
Enjoyable marketing video.  How to impart cool lifestyle into the humble reel............... Not knocked the Air one off of my birthday list though.

Kerry Jordan

« Reply #2 on: 08/07/2018 at 14:19 »
“Toss it into the back of your truck”.
Yeah right......on top of  my Maui Jim sunglasses I chucked in earlier.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 09/07/2018 at 07:37 »
H,

polar opposite to the Ikea reels from Euan, I like the look of those.

Eddie :X2

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 09/07/2018 at 08:08 »
A kickstatrter funded company.

I did some googling and it seems you can't buy the reel, you have to "pledge" to the company and once they have made a batch of reels, you get one. Currently its a $199 pledge. (Original pledge was $175)

It also says they have had difficulties with the finish resulting in a high number of defective reels :( Hope they sort that as they look a nice reel.

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 09/07/2018 at 17:38 »
A kickstatrter funded company.

I did some googling and it seems you can't buy the reel, you have to "pledge" to the company and once they have made a batch of reels, you get one. Currently its a $199 pledge. (Original pledge was $175)

It also says they have had difficulties with the finish resulting in a high number of defective reels :( Hope they sort that as they look a nice reel.
Aye, I'm intrigued by their business model.... I had a distinct  :X7 moment at first. Is it a $200 reel  :z8

H,

polar opposite to the Ikea reels from Euan, I like the look of those.

Eddie :X2

I like the backplate of the session reel, but the spool is just 'same old same old'. Close but no cigar in my book.

I do not like wooden reels  :wink

H

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 10/07/2018 at 08:07 »
Aye, I'm intrigued by their business model.... I had a distinct  :X7 moment at first. Is it a $200 reel  :z8

I really don't know.

Seems some folk paid $500, some 199 and others 175, but no one seems to have been given a reel yet?

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 10/07/2018 at 13:41 »
Seems some folk paid $500, some 199 and others 175, but no one seems to have been given a reel yet?
Sounds more like receiving monies by deception or fraud....  the perpetrators win the confidence of the victim (shiny website, promise of exclusivity, kickstarter etc) and obtain money by 'selling' a product to the 'victim' that they will never receive  :z8 I said I was intrigued  :z13

It's probably just teething problems, but I will be watching with interest  :shock

H

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #8 on: 11/07/2018 at 17:10 »
I will stick with my LC80 for the time being, I like the art work but fine art work maketh not a reel , :z8 Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com