Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Gary Clewes

Alps Tri Reel Seat
« on: 06/07/2018 at 11:30 »
Hi everyone,

I've just bought an Alps Tri reel seat and and Alps Trip butt cap for a rod that I am building. However I cannot for the life of me figure out how they go on the rod! This is my first rod build so my ignorance in all stuff rod building it huge but trying to learn as much as I can before starting.

Has anyone any experience with the Alps Tri stuff?
It's to go on a light small stream rod.

Thanks

Rob Brownfield

Re: Alps Tri Reel Seat
« Reply #1 on: 09/07/2018 at 07:45 »
You need to give us a clue as to what the problem is :)

When you say you cant work out how it goes on, do you mean as in what way round? How it fits to the handle? or is there something else bugging you?

I have to also ask, it is a fly version and not a spinning rod version? :)

Gary Clewes

« Reply #2 on: 24/07/2018 at 10:43 »
Sorry,

I realised that I think I've bought the wrong reel seat. It's not fly specific as I have since seen one of those with a "butt plug" included. The one I got, even though from fly rod building site, did not and so I bought what I thought was a butt cap which is also ALPS which would do the trick but I've messed up I think.

I've worked out that I may still be able to use them both and it could look quite good but will see.

Thanks for your response though Rob.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 25/07/2018 at 08:13 »
Sorry,

I realised that I think I've bought the wrong reel seat.

ALPS do a fly tri fly seat and also a bigger spinning/carp rod one. The main difference is the physical size. The fly rod one has an internal diameter of 13mm, a length of 102.9mm and the code is R-TRI-AH12 and then the colour code of B, S or SCF.

Its designed for 6-8 weight rods, especially salt water.

The spinning rod version is 12, 14 or 16mm internal diameter, a length of 130mm or more (depends on the diameter) with a code TRI- and then the colour.

Hope that helps a little.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com