Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

adrian60

Loch Oich
« on: 21/06/2018 at 22:40 »
Hi I wonder if any one can help I am staying on the banks of Loch Oich next month and was wondering what is a good method of bank fishing for trout I would prefer to Fly Fish but having read various forums a lot of people seem to recommend worming any one have any views thanks

Hamish Young

Re: Loch Oich
« Reply #1 on: 22/06/2018 at 07:53 »
I'm pretty sure that tickets for Loch Oich are sold by Aberchalder Estate – 01809 640000  http://www.aberchalder-estate.co.uk/

Loch Oich is heavily lined by trees which makes access to some parts tricky for the fly fisher, unless they have access to a boat or float tube.  It's also often deep close in to the shore which makes wading difficult, but not impossible.

adrian60

« Reply #2 on: 29/06/2018 at 17:41 »
Hi again thanks for the information luckily the cottage we are staying in the garden backs onto the loch so we have a small part with no trees if any one could tell me if fly fishing can bring results or is worming the best way to go.

Thanks

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 02/07/2018 at 10:32 »
....if any one could tell me if fly fishing can bring results or is worming the best way to go.

You wont know until you get there - conditions change. Take both, enjoy one or the other or even both.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com