Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Adrian Bicknell

Loch Oich
« on: June 21, 2018, 22:40:44 PM »
Hi I wonder if any one can help I am staying on the banks of Loch Oich next month and was wondering what is a good method of bank fishing for trout I would prefer to Fly Fish but having read various forums a lot of people seem to recommend worming any one have any views thanks

Hamish Young

Re: Loch Oich
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 07:53:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure that tickets for Loch Oich are sold by Aberchalder Estate 01809 640000  http://www.aberchalder-estate.co.uk/

Loch Oich is heavily lined by trees which makes access to some parts tricky for the fly fisher, unless they have access to a boat or float tube.  It's also often deep close in to the shore which makes wading difficult, but not impossible.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience ;)

Adrian Bicknell

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 17:41:49 PM »
Hi again thanks for the information luckily the cottage we are staying in the garden backs onto the loch so we have a small part with no trees if any one could tell me if fly fishing can bring results or is worming the best way to go.

Thanks

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
....if any one could tell me if fly fishing can bring results or is worming the best way to go.

You wont know until you get there - conditions change. Take both, enjoy one or the other or even both.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience ;)

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk