Mike Barrio

TV - Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing
« on: 20/06/2018 at 12:08 »
On BBC2 tonight at 10pm .......  :z3

See https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b7r2k6

Jim Eddie

Re: TV - Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing
« Reply #1 on: 20/06/2018 at 17:29 »
Might be worth a watch, however knowing those two its not going to be to serious  :wink

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 20/06/2018 at 17:31 »
I'm guessing anything but serious :z4

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 20/06/2018 at 22:22 »
I do like a fishing program , and even some bad ones. This one is in the ‘screaming reels’ league. 

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 20/06/2018 at 22:47 »
Something was missing ...... I can't quite put my finger on it  :z4  :z4  :z4

James Laraway

« Reply #5 on: 21/06/2018 at 09:46 »
Something was missing ...... I can't quite put my finger on it  :z4  :z4  :z4

was it fish ?

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #6 on: 21/06/2018 at 13:36 »
 But Why? Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 22/06/2018 at 08:09 »
It was never really billed as a fishing show, it was a show about two people with serious heart conditions who were looking for something to do that would improve their over all health.

Fishing was chosen because Paul is a very keen angler and Bob wasn't :)

I thought it was entertaining and far better than Robson Greens "Look at me, I am a hero" approach to a show.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #8 on: 22/06/2018 at 08:35 »
Ah! you are talking about the man who got Geordies a bad name, I was only Jealous of the places he went to the man was a total plonker, Derek Roxborough

Dave Robb

« Reply #9 on: 22/06/2018 at 17:06 »
It’s no Hooked that’s for sure.

Or River Monsters if you want something more recent.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #10 on: 22/06/2018 at 20:32 »
Watching River Monsters , makes me wonder which is which, Bring Back Jack Hargreaves  :X2 Derek Roxborough

Clive Smith

« Reply #11 on: 22/06/2018 at 21:55 »
I have just watched it and sorry but I thought it was awful, just what was it about? not good fishing that's for sure, I thought the fish were treated badly, who would treat a C&R trout that way ? I was astonished they appeared to be casting directly at a swan and let a swan swim by almost over the float between the float and the rod  :mad.
Sorry  just a bad advert for how not to fish.

Hamish Young

« Reply #12 on: 23/06/2018 at 09:43 »
It was never really billed as a fishing show, it was a show about two people with serious heart conditions who were looking for something to do that would improve their over all health.

Fishing was chosen because Paul is a very keen angler and Bob wasn't :)

I thought it was entertaining and far better than Robson Greens "Look at me, I am a hero" approach to a show.

Have to agree with Rob ( :shock :wink), SWMBO and I watched it last night and it was more about two folk dealing with their common situation than fishing per se.

Perhaps I wasn't paying attention, but I don't recall seeing any trout Clive  :z8
I suspect those swans are well fed by anglers and conditioned to dealing with anglers fishing, I've certainly come across similar situations at fisheries in the past.

H

Clive Smith

« Reply #13 on: 23/06/2018 at 12:57 »
Hi Hamish,
Sorry I did not make myself clear, there were no trout ! but as this is a fly fishing forum and most ( I know, not all)  fly fishing is done for trout. I would hope we do not treat our C&R trout in the same way.
I am sure that water birds do get used to being fed by fishermen but I have seen too many birds with line hanging from them to advocate fishing so close.

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #14 on: 13/07/2018 at 10:07 »
Thought it was a load of rubbish. It was billed as a fishing show but ??
Even after all those years to me Paul Youngs  Hooked on Fishing is still the best. Most of the fishing programs have good fish caught at the end. We all know that is not how it goes.
Fishing programs have to appeal to all viewers not just us.
Bob.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com