Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

I'm really pleased to be helping out with some sponsorship for this event, as Lee Cummings has put a tremendous amount of effort into making it happen in the UK :z16

The 5th Fly Casting World Championship Event is to be held at Port Haverigg Marina Village in West Cumbria.
The event kicks off with a welcome evening on Thursday the 16th of August and runs through to an award ceremony evening on Sunday the 19th of August.

You can find more details about this event on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/201701383981329/

Terry Coging

Re: Fly Casting World Championship Event ( UK 2018 )
« Reply #1 on: 23/06/2018 at 18:11 »
Me and a couple of mate may go.  Are any forum members going?

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 24/06/2018 at 20:34 »
Clashes with a fishing week, unfortunately..... but you never know................  :X2

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 28/07/2018 at 09:27 »
The event schedule is provisionally as follows:

Friday AM

27g Sea Trout Distance - All classes - qualifiers and finals

Friday PM

55g Salmon distance - All classes qualifiers and finals

Saturday AM

18ft Spey - Veteran men -
16ft Spey and 15ft Spey Women's class - qualifiers and finals.

Trout Distance - Men's qualifiers and finals

Saturday PM

Trout Accuracy - All classes - qualifiers and finals

Sunday AM

18ft Spey Men's qualifiers and finals
Trout distance Women's qualifiers and finals.

Sunday PM

Men's 15ft Spey - qualifiers and finals.

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 20/08/2018 at 18:43 »
Folks.... pour yourself a stiff drink and read the details of who cast what distance at the 'worlds' this weekend past, several world records broken. Details on the Facebook page and likely to be on the main website sometime soon.

Some deeply impressive casting in sub-optimal conditions from what I've heard :!

Will Shaw

« Reply #5 on: 20/08/2018 at 20:13 »
You really should’ve been there Hamish. I think you would have had a blast in the sea trout distance.

The Spey finals were just amazing.  Seeing the line go 70+m was something else. 👍

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 20/08/2018 at 20:57 »
Wish I could have made it Will, but I was unable to fit in with the qualifying timetable to make the team - work comes first  :z10
Perhaps another time I'll make the 'worlds', but in the meantime I look forward to hearing your stories of the event chum  :z16 Season isn't over yet  :wink

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 29/08/2018 at 18:40 »
I really enjoyed my weekend ..... the road trip, the camping, the great company with friends that I haven't seen for a while ...... and you just don't get the opportunity to see such awesome casting very often :z12

There were world records broken, national records and countless personal bests .... a simply superb event in every way :z16

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 29/08/2018 at 19:57 »
I've been told on reliable authority that the wind would have been 'in my favour'  :z8 I suppose there's always another one, fortunately. Nice pics Mr B  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com