Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Glen Tanar annual trip
« on: 31/05/2018 at 19:45 »
First day of my long awaited holiday and I had to go fishing. I missed spring on the rivers being away with work and came home to bugger all water. So where to go?
Glen Tanar of course! I do try to get up there at least once a year as it might be Rainbows but it is very pretty and the fish go like stink. It also occurred to me that I have now fished it nearly every year for over twenty years!!!
The day was warm but mostly overcast. First fish hooked and lost on the third cast had me grinning as the usual hot spots had not changed in all that time. When the sun went behind the dark grey clouds the loch fairly boiled with splashy trout.
The highlight of the day was this Broonie that absolutely nailed my Dirty Duster :z4

Tanar always comes up with the goods!
At 14.00 the clouds disappeared and the sun beat down so the dry fly action stopped. Just for shits and giggles I stuck on a Mop fly and landed a few more Rainbows. Sorry purists but it was too soon to go home and I was having too much fun. I have to say that Fario #4s don't like Mops but if you get them out the Rainbows do! :z4 :z4 :z4
The Dirty Duster and the Peacock Ice Dub parachute dry did all the hard work for the day, with the Hares Ear Soft Hackle taking the first couple. I chapped two Rainbows for eating, one of which had my PID right down it's throat. I got the fly back when I cleaned it!
Twenty five quid well spent!

Euan

Iain Cameron

Re: Glen Tanar annual trip
« Reply #1 on: 31/05/2018 at 20:09 »
lovely Euan. Let's do a beanie bop later in the summer?

Euan Innes

« Reply #2 on: 31/05/2018 at 20:46 »
Absolutely Iain :z16
I am REALLY busy but I have some time off in August. Let me get June out of the way and I'll be in touch.
Euan

Iain Cameron

« Reply #3 on: 01/06/2018 at 06:36 »
Coolio. I’m off to Galway today. Might as well have a wee dabble on Lough Corrib while I am there. Rude not to. Catch ye later

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 01/06/2018 at 08:27 »
Iain, Euan,

Typical, I am home next week for two weeks and you too are both away or busy.

Might be next season before we can get a cast in together. Enjoy Beanie when you get there.

All the best,

Eddie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com