Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Graeme Stewart

FS/Swap 2 x Sage Fli 10' 7# 4piece Rods
« on: 25/05/2018 at 08:24 »
Hi Guys,
Newbie to this forum (and his first post is in the for sale section I hear you say  :X1) but have bee lurking for a while.
Recently discovered Mike's lines and, subsequently, this forum.  I don't normally do social media/forums but you seem like a friendly lot.
Short story - Been fishing reservoirs and fisheries for 20 years or so and for the last 5, my goto rod has been a Sharpe's Gordon 10' 7#.  Boat partner manages to stand on disassembled rod on jetty after a session  :mad, so next time out I fish with one of the above Sage rods. It may be that I'm getting older and my arthritis is getting worse, but I find I was having to put more effort into the Sage rod than I did with the Sharpes and I'm too old to go changing my casting action to suit the rod.

Anyway, new section for the Sharpe's is on it's way, and I've decided that I'd be as well being comfortable going forward.  :z17

Thus: If anyone has a Sharpe's Gordon (or Gordon 2) in a 10' 7# (or even 9'6 at a push - I use 7 and 8 weight lines) and would like to trade for a Sage Fli, please drop me a pm. I'm based in Fife so can travel a bit or can do postage if required. Both rods have been very lightly fished - I'm guessing only 20 or so outings between the two of them. With Cordura tubes (although one of the tubes has the zip broken off the lid).

Before anyone says it, I know the Sage is supposed to be a better rod and there's a disconnect between 2nd hand prices for the Gordon and the Sage on the likes of ebay, but, ultimately, if it suits somebody to trade, it'll suit me and a lot less hassle than listing them on fleabay or the likes.

Graeme

James Laraway

Re: FS/Swap 2 x Sage Fli 10' 7# 4piece Rods
« Reply #1 on: 25/05/2018 at 11:06 »
you have a PM...

Graeme Stewart

« Reply #2 on: 29/05/2018 at 12:04 »
Only one Sage left.
Thanks to James for a pleasant transaction.  :cool:

Graeme

Graeme Stewart

« Reply #3 on: 07/06/2018 at 07:56 »
After a session yesterday and some advice from Mr Laraway, I'll be keeping the other Sage as part of the armoury - it is a powerful beast but harder to work, whereas the Sharpes are lighter and more sensitive - easier fishing.

Graeme

Hamish Young

Done! FS/Swap 2 x Sage Fli 10' 7# 4piece Rods
« Reply #4 on: 07/06/2018 at 18:36 »
Topic locked  :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com